Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Educational events scheduled in support of Pa medical marijuana bill

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by freepa, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Please note the slightly changed location of our York event Saturday. Press release is attached. Thanks for all you do.

Chuck Homan (717-235-2840) and Jeff Spangler (703-465-1795), for The Medical Movement

SATURDAY, AUGUST 8, 12-2 PM
    YORK, US30 & NORTH GEORGE

MEET AT THE WEIS LOT ON SOUTHWEST CORNER

MARCH ON GRASSY KNOLLS ON THREE CORNERS

Educational events scheduled in support of Pa. medical marijuana bill

As you probably know, Rep. Mark Cohen (D-Philadelphia) has introduced HB 1393, which will allow suffering Pennsylvania residents to use medical marijuana if their doctors recommend it.

The bill will likely be scheduled for its first committee hearings sometime in September.

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to contact your representative now.

https://ssl.capwiz.com/mpp/issues/al...ertid=13229341

In order to help build support for the bill before the hearings, PhillyNORML and Pennsylvanians for Medical marijuana are hosting four informational seminars on medical marijuana. Dates and times for these events are:

Monday, August 10: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
    Northeast Regional Library
    2228 Cottman Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19149

Wednesday, August 19: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
    Northeast Regional Library
    2228 Cottman Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19149
    Wednesday, August 26: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Levittown Regional Library
    7311 New Falls Road
    Levittown, PA 19055
    Saturday, August 29: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Levittown Regional Library
    7311 New Falls Road
    Levittown, PA 19055

Topics for the seminars include:
    • The history of marijuana
    • Cannabinoids - what they do and how they work
    • Medical uses of marijuana
    • HB 1393 - The Compassionate Use Medical marijuana Act
    • Marinol vs. whole-plant marijuana
    • Addiction potential of marijuana
    Scheduled speakers currently include:
    • Derek Rosenzweig, co-chairman of PhillyNORML
    • Chris Goldstein, media contact for PhillyNORML and executive director of NORML-NJ
    • Ed Pane, president & CEO of Serento Gardens, a substance abuse treatment and education center in Pennsylvania
    • Bradley Walter, AIDS Patient
    • Jahan Marcu, cannabinoid researcher from Temple University
    • Ken Wolski, registered nurse and founder of Coalition for Medical marijuana-New Jersey
    We hope you will be able to attend one of the informational seminars. Thank you for supporting MPP and our allies in Pennsylvania.
    Sincerely,

Zane Hurst
    Legislative Analyst
    marijuana Policy Project

2. Yeah I just received this email as well, though it didn't say anything about those seminars. I would love to go to one of them but the closest is Philly and that's kind of a dip, one too far for my broke ass to make.

Anyone interested in giving testimony to the Health and Human Services board (the board reviewing HB 1393) should email Patients@Pa4MMJ.org it's really easy so do it.

Pa4MMJ.org

3. the bottom half of the post is from MPP Marijuana Policy Project it look like there ready to help PA now

save your pennies and make it to Harrisburg in September

4. hopefully it passes may give ohio some push for it...i mean if you guys legalize it and we have michigan above us...good luck tho

5. definitely. I'm already writing a testimony. Hope to see you there!

6. me and a few other will be there

just show up and stand there is all you have to do people

if it does not pass my next home purchase will be in ohio

7. well lets hope it passes even tho i live in ohio, every state that passes it is a step foward for everyone. i just wish i knew how to get those steps started here

8. contact Cleveland norml they seem very active

9. i cant make the one in york but im down to go to harrisburg care to elaborate on that?

10. Harrisburg is the hearings! It'll be sometime in September definitely, first the budget needs to pass before there will be any hearings. This is probably the most important one to go to. There's not really that much info on it yet. I've said a lot of it a couple times but I don't mind repeating myself on this subject.

11. alright cool and sry bro haha i must not have seen it but yea i hope pa gets medical marijuana!

12. Wordd.

13. I hope someone brings a copy of my list to the proceedings! :D Nothing like 90+ pages of MMJ studies to drive a point home! Wish I could be there!

Granny :wave:

14. yes Granny we will make sure you list is there do you have it in download format ? word ?

If your going to do anything Harrisburg will be the most important event to go to

as soon as there is a firm date it will be posted every ware

all you have to do is go and stand in the room Hopefully enough people show up and they have to move it

15. Freepa, could you PM me? I tried to PM you, but was blocked. Thank you. - Granny :wave:

16. im so glad that many residents in my home state are working this hard to help medicinally make marijuana available. I hope to with the recent influence of NJ making medicinal marijuana legal will push the cause here in PA.

17. yes i hope so too

18. Make sure you and everybody you know comes to harrisburg in september

keep a eye out for the hearing date

19. i will im planning on it but if anyone knos here post that date here so i can make sure that i dont ,miss it