Education, Job and a bit about yourself.

Discussion in 'General' started by mrjimbodangles, Jan 27, 2014.

1. I'm one internship ride and few tests away from my paramedic license and associate's degree. I'm an EMT (tough guess, right? ;)), and fireman, though that's only part time now. My creative outlet, I suppose I'd say it's writing. I write a fucking lot, though most will always go unread by anyone but me. Used to play guitar a lot and write a little music, I've kind of fallen away from it in the past year though. Did the whole basement band as a teenager, tons of fun, we fell apart and I just grew away from it. Still lots of fun just to play though :)

2. I'm a landscaper - specializing in outdoor plumbing, feature design, and deck building. It's a good gig.

Education? In eight months I'll be a certified horticulturalist, but I also have my tickets in plumbing and a ten year on-the-job education in construction. In another life I was a career-firefighter, and on yet another path, I've taken bartending courses. Before all of this, I went to university for biological conservation, but I dropped out after three semesters. Jack of all trades, master of none? Sounds like me.

If I had my way, my outlet would be far more concerned with surfing, but since the waves don't break up here I put most of my focus into music. I play in a funky little surf-pop band and write/perform in solo acoustic shows. It what fuels me. :smoke:

3. In school for an associates in mechanical engineering technologies then eventually a bachelors in mechanical engineering and minor in electrical engineering. Work at Jcpenny, got lucky with the recent layoffs. I like to draw, hike, uhh.. video games? (Is that a "creative outlet"?), long boarding ,and recently, learning guitar. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I have a bachelor's and a masters degree.  My favorite hobbies are cooking and brewing beer

5. I have my degree in HVACR currently am working at a CILA, which is like a group home. and I listen to and play music, tend my "herb" garden and play with my dogs in my downtime. I also enjoy playing games with my daughter when I can,which isn't near as often as I would like due to working 2nd shift. I also enjoy good books and documentaries. And occasionally I play video games

6. Easiest degree I could find at my school: Sport Management and I turned that into a Assistant Superintendent at a golf course so I'm pretty content with what I'm doing right now. Blaze all day at work lol

7. Education- I have a BA is psychology. I want to go back for a masters in something and get a better jobJob- I work at an adult group homeCreative outlet- knitting

8. I am a highschool dropout I dropped out my freshman year when I was 15. My dad kept telling me he won't let me drop out and that I need to stay in school he eventually gave up and let me.

I wish I could go back to that day, I regret it I wish I would've listened to my father. I've been looking for a job and it's really hard without a highschool education.

I am now trying to finish school but that's proving to be a pain in the ass because I guess I didn't drop out at the legal age but somehow got away with it? So now I'm having trouble in finding a way to finish my schooling.

Yup, that's where I've been the past couple years trying get back in school. I also plan on moving out this summer if I can get a job because I hate living with my parents they're always having me run some errands for them.

9. Dude, I hope you enjoy it. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I regret it so much honestly. Everyone else seems to love it and I used to. Just not anymore.  
    I went on a huge tirade right there, but I'll just leave it at that. Ha.

10. I performed horrible in high school I started skipping class to hang with friends and smoke or skate at the skatepark then finally realized I would not be graduating with the rest of my friends from elementary school so it's time to drop out and attend an alternative school (G.E.D) school but they also give you the opportunity to finish up high school credits to graduate and get the actual high school diploma if you chose to go that route well, I waisted my 4 years of high school partying hanging with friends and dropped out my senior year and only had like 6 credits and those credits were from P.E class I was nowhere near close to graduating, so my only option was G.E.D so I took my G.E.D practice test and passed and they arranged for me to take the real G.E.D test. I go and pass 4 out of 5 test. I passed reading, writing, science, social studies, and failed math. So I practiced math more and more bought books from barnes and noble and book stores to study and re took the math test, failed it again. You're only allowed to fail the math test 3 times a year so I did not want to reschedule so fast and fail the math again and have to wait an entire year to take the test again, so i studied and studied more. Then finally at the age of 21 I scheduled my math test and passed barely.

Got the G.E.D enrolled in College and decided to take a break to work some jobs and get some cash, will enroll for Summer semester and finish my generals, writing and math etc… I plan on doing something with computers or HVAC or something that pays more than minimum wage lol.

11. [quote name="wolfy221" post="19420140" timestamp="1390883875"]Education- I have a BA is psychology. I want to go back for a masters in something and get a better jobJob- I work at an adult group homeCreative outlet- knitting[/quote] I could never get that knitting shit down like blah blah blah pearl blah blah lol go you for having a job that makes a difference!

12. Getting my bachelor of commerce in Economics and Finance, I currently work at booster juice part time. I'm gonna be pushing an R8 by the time I'm 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Finishing my associate of science this semester, was a Chem major but thinking of switching...

Work full time as a stagehand on a show here in Las Vegas, and do some convention work such as CES as a rigger, electrician, AV guy. Make about 50k take home from the stagehand part by itself. Not bad for 20 years old if I do say myself.

14. Education - High school, targeted A's and A*'s across the board but ended up just scraping through. Also did a year of college through work but would hardly class that as a higher level of education.

Work - IT engineer, it's boring but it's a job and I'm not bad at it.

I skateboard, play snooker and that's about it really, I'm a pretty chilled guy the majority of the time.

15. Education: Highschool. Took a couple years off(laziness + financial reasons.) going back to school this fall for Architectural Design.

Job: Retail Commissioned Salesman at in a dieing company, pays the bills. Record acoustic artists for spare cash.

Creative: I play guitar, write songs, and fumble around with writing screenplays sometimes.

16. Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, finishing my bachelors in Web Information Systems. Currently a full time student, sell items online for extra $. I like to create software, music and I'm really into entrepreneurship. Bought my website and currently developing it for extra side work this summer. 

17. #37 Cereal Killer, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Nah, it's cool, man. A lot of people burn out in EMS. I remember reading somewhere that the average career in the field was like six or seven years. I got quite a love for the job though, even things a lot of others don't really care for. I don't know, I just feel it fits me well. So I'm hoping I can stave off the burnout, or at least for a long while. I sometimes toy with the idea of crossing over to RN, if for nothing else but job security, but I'm pretty tired of school at the moment :p

And I'll admit, I occasionally look at the cons of the job (often concerning pay), and think, "...why the fuck am I doing this again?" I actually left a (slightly) better paying job to do this, though I'll be making more once I get my medic license. Just hope that doesn't bite in the ass down the road, so far so good though.

I hope you're enjoying working in fire and getting to do something you like :D

Edit: Oh, and that was a tirade!

18. Went to college and did a 3 year program in Broadcasting: Radio, TV & Film. Working as a radio commercial producer.

Creative: Anything audio, graveyard photography, colouring.

19. Education - the streets (aka school of the hard knocks)
    Job - hustlin
    a bit about myself - I am the realest gangsta nigga here

20. Education: high school diploma (not the greatest high school either)

Job: i fry stuff at long johns silvers

Creative: building shit