Education > Incarceration

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NefariousBredd, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Proof if there ever was any:

[​IMG]

We didn't need to arrest 20,000,000 people to accomplish this with one of the most addictive drugs known to man.

Drug War is Civil War.

2. I don't get what this thread is about :confused: Of course cig smoking has gone down. People back in the day used to smoke during class for crying out loud! My mom did and so did her mom. Smoking was just the social norm back then. Now people complain when passing cigarette smokers on the street and get laws to ban smoking in public places, because it's "so bad on their health". As if :rolleyes:

3. This flies in the face of the "Save our Children" rhetoric.

This thread clearly shows that education and awareness, in combination with cultural influence, have accomplished a dramatic reduction in teen and child use of cigarettes - one of the most addictive drugs known to man. We didn't need to wage Drug War on nicotine to accomplish this. We didn't need to arrest 20,000,000 people to prove the point or effect positive change. We did it the way it's supposed to be done.

That mean's every time you here a politician or public figure claim to be protecting "The Children" with arrest, incarceration and criminal records, you know they are lying through their teeth. The Prohibitionist Regime does not care about your children and pose a much greater threat to their well=being than marijuana ever will.

Get it now? Sorry if I was unclear. I constantly assume people know what the hell I'm babbling about. Thanks for point out the need for additional clarity. There is a very important message here.