Ed's Coconut Grove - The Lounge

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AskEd, Jan 3, 2010.

1. :hello:8 more weeks till a harvest & the grand opening of Mrs Ed Coconut Kitchen Lounge:hello:

2. :laughing: It already opened last week. I used some of the "Last Straw" schwag to make cannapeanut butter. Turned out great and knocked me on my ass however Ed had a chill day eating some.

"Last Straw" strain - the schwag we bought that made your chest hurt after a while and when we decided it is time to grow our own.

3. I have never had any edible, ever.:(
    is it the same high?
    Does it come on as fast as smoking?
    Does it turn your poop green?
    Does it affect the taste of the edible?
    Mountain Dew ruins teeth, would my dentist approve of edibles?

4. Not at all the same high, very complete body high. Pretty fast acting. It does affect the taste but it is all good. I am sure your dentist would approve, it is all natural.

5. Sheeeit humper, you are a machine man, I've seen you keep up no matter what time of day LOL Always glad to see you in the mix though ;)

Ha! Whatup green, yeah we may have to have a party at "Sugarfoot's" to try MrsEd's goodies LOL Complete with Alamo beer of course...

Hey Yoda!! :wave: Sorry I haven't been around much, I know you & slinger are partying fools lately and I came by to burn one with you but you were damncing on a table and slinger was out on the porch in his underwear... looked like a great party though :D

Hey saaz! Keep trying on the rep, I can use all I can get LOL In the meantime, let's pour a few beers and :bongin: and forget all those hermies bitches that came to visit LOL

Good to see you back in action Hyper, be over soon...

6. I have to tell you, in 27 years of smoking, I've never had any edibles do the trick, even in Amsterdam we had muffins and other stuff that was a waste of euros IMO. But MrsEd's peanut butter was freaking awesome, very different high, more of a couchlock stone to be honest. Hits fast and hard and lasts for hours.

I smoke about 6 to 12 joints a day whether it's good or not if that gives you an idea of my tolerance level. I had 1 oz of the peanut butter in my PB&J sandwich the other day for lunch and it kept me buzzed for a solid 4 hours before I was able to burn one. Real nice....

7. Heh, I've been making cannabutter for over a decade, I like edibles, but like you said, Couchlock! I get pasted to whatever piece of furniture I happen to settle on. I smoke a ton of dank ass bud and edibles have always done the trick for me and then some. :smoking: I like how you can eat some early in the day and then all day when you smoke you get a lot higher than you normally would. I don't like to eat some and then go out and try to do something productive though, it never turns out well lol.. I still have a bunch of white castle trim and lower buds, haven't decided if I want to make some hash or some cannabutter. I saw a recipe for making peanut butter a few months ago, may have to check it out again, a friend of mine was talking about it just the other day. :D

8. :wave: I have some ideas that need to be tested if you want a recipe to try with that.... ;)

9. Last time I made CB was with two sticks of butter and two oz of vape-duff. Got back 124g of green butter. That got made into 24 gingersnaps. They were a little heavy with the butter but getting the munchies and accidentally :confused: eating like 8 of them ended up with me zoned out on the couch at 4am wondering where the last 6 hours went...

10. I think you have accomplished what all of us are trying to accomplish.....have people see your grow setup and think your Ed Rosenthal.

11. Maybe Ed has a very high tolerance, but I make edibles about once a month and usually produce EXCELLENT results. I am able to get medium quality hash for dirt cheap now, so I make brownies with .5 grams of hash in each brownie and usually spend the rest of the night spacewalking.

I would use the oil method, this has less of an affect on the taste, and I find If you cook it on a verrrry low flame, and give it over an hour, you can get pretty much 100% of the dankness extracted from the nugs. I would try and evenly distribute the dose in whatever you cook, as at a certain point with edibles I find I get too stoned to stay awake, and end up passing out after 2 hours.

Last thing to keep in mind when making edibles is to BE PATIENT! It can take between 1 and 2 ours until they kick in. I have seen so many times where people think they were weak so they ate more, and then were not prepared to deal with it hours later when it kicked in. Patience is key!

12. Hey Ed, just droppin in to reserve my seat :)

13. Im in :yay: thanks for sharing Ed :smoke:

14. Hi all, just throwing in my 2 cents... Edibles are definitely a different high (or low), like everyone has said, it is more of a body and couch-lock effect. As far as fast acting, I will say it always depends on your metabolism, how much you smoke or vaporize, and the amount of cannabis in the edible. So I would say it can take a person anywhere from 30 minutes and 2 hours to feel anything. If you have some good edibles don't plan on doing something for a few hours, you may even fall asleep. ;)

15. I feel you on the couchlock man, powerful stuff. Of all the edibles I've tried, the peanut butter finally had me feeling something, perhaps it's the first I've tried with all the care put into making it and good weed used to boot.

Nice.... real nice :cool:

LOL Thanks flower, it's an honor to be confused with the real AskEd :p

Hey myles :wave: Great to have you here man, saved a seat and a bowl for you :bongin:

Always good to see you veneers, got a bowl for you too but myles is boogin' the bong...

Ha, you are right! You should have seen MrsEd after a full day of couchlock when she tried her own shit LOL She had the best sleep she's had in a long time :)

16. Here is something interesting about eating it:
    When you smoke it... it goes directly into your blood stream as THC..
    When you eat it.. your system metabolizes it and your liver processes it.
    When this happens (Hydroxy 11 Delta 9 THC) is created which is not found in the smoked marijuana... and it has a different effect on you. I think that is why... no matter what kind of marijuana you use to make butter or edibles.. it is a couch lock high...
    (at least that is my experience - maybe I ate too much)

Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wiki Article
    11-Hydroxy-THC - Wiki Article

Also if you are using Marijuana for medicinal purposes and you are looking for the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects eating it is the best way to get that.

---------
    The more I learn about this freaking AMAZING plant... the more I want to know...
    (I wish the corporations and government felt the same)

17. looooove the cannabutter. I like to make mine mind numbingly potent, so I don't have to eat as much of the "goodies", as I'm conscious of the effects it has on my physique :p:p:p. I'd rather eat 1 cookie or one half slice of banana nut loaf vs. 3-4 cookies or a couple slices to achieve the same effect.

Check out the layer of trichomes at the bottom of this butter batch... yea, it gets the job done :smoke:

[​IMG]

18. I know, right? Everyone was so all over the board in the Edibles section that I just went out and did my own research. It is deep that is for damn sure. I plan to journal my adventures in edibles with the Coconut Grove Cabana soon. :smoke:

19. S'up?
    I'm done for the week, thought I'd bring a White Widow Fatty to the lounge.:smoke:
    Take a hit and Pass this around.
    Don't Bogart it!:ey:

BRB...Anyone want a beer?:yay:

20. I have some Rumplemintz in the freezer ready to go and some sweet southern iced tea to wash it down with. A little later I will have some cannapeanut butter fudge to pass around.

Ed...hurry up and leave already, we are starting the party without you. :D