Ed's Coconut Grove - Super Skunk (G13 Labs)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AskEd, Dec 22, 2009.

1. chair pulled up!

2. wow - sorry I missed your update on the 10th -- looking healthy - cant' wait for a new update.

3. #63 AskEd, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    DAY 27 - Looking Good

Lights {18/6}: 110w @ 6400k ~~ Nutes: 555ppm ~~ ph: 5.8 ~~ Temps: 69-79 ~~ rh: 35%

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ginger is really coming along and looking nice, she's happy so I'm happy, not much else to update to be honest. Oh yeah the drip system has been added, coco really does well with that. I'm starting to get excited now :D

[​IMG]

She got topped yesterday, branch work is coming through
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Jump to next update *

4. cant wait to see them gett huge and thick.. smelling of rodent lol

5. they look real nice and well cared for ed

:wave:

6. AMAZING Ed! She looks gorgeous! My #1 favorite strain.
    Ill have to keep checking back on this one! :smoking:

7. Me too. Your plants look Really healthy Ed. Good to hear on the drip system. I bet that helps out temendously with the coco.

8. A little late but I'm subbing. Happy to see this I've been interested and thinking about growing SS for a while.

9. All I have to do is stop by here to realize just how retarded my grow is.

Thanks for making the rest of us look bad. lol:mad:

10. Looking nice and healthy. I just topped for the first time today, I'm three days behind you with my girl. Think you could let me know if I did it right?

Can't wait to see how this one turns out in flowering. I got a free LA Woman seed from G13 with my seed order from attitude, so I'm curious to see the quality of the G13 lab seeds.

11. #71 AskEd, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    Ha! Super Rodent!

Thanks green! She is finally accepting my love and attention LOL

Hey GreenBeard! Thanks for stopping in man, how do you like the smoke of this? It says "High" for THC content, what you think?

Right on man, yeah it makes it easier for sure, and they love that slow feed.

Thanks for joining in man, so far I am really liking this one.

Ha! Thanks man, I'd post some pictures of my first grows if I had them, you wouldn't think your grow is retarded at all LOL

I have to say I've cracked two G13 seeds and I'm pretty impressed so far. I really want to place an order for that LA Woman...

12. And that Crimea Blue and that Blueberry and that Buddha and that..... With the Amsterdam trip canceled, let's just get to that order now. :p

13. Ed I noticed that this is a fem grow. Are you worried about her going herm on you and do you do anything special with your fem seed grows. She really looks healthy great job.:D

14. Hey thanks man, I'm not doing anything special for anti-hermie measures other than avoiding the 24 hour light cycle. I'm still kinda tore up from the last round LOL so a true female would make me feel lots better here. We'll find out soon enough, I threw Ginger into the flower chamber last night...

15. Oh my good sir, every experience I have had with her has been probably the best all around
    high from any of the herbs ive smoked, usually a pretty quick onset and a STRONG feeling,
    you can definitely pick out the indica/sativa feelings from it separately. I do feel it more
    cerebral, shooting from behind the eyes to your toes. If you havent tried her before, you are
    absolutely going to love it! Good luck! I cant wait until im in the position to grow my own SS!:smoking:

16. Strange....I use 24 hours light in my rubbermaid mother/clone/ chamber. So far, Barneys Farm Blue-Cheese(Fem. Seed), World of Seeds Afghan Kush(Fem. Seed) and the G13 Super Skunk(Fem. Seed) have not shown anysigns of hermies....or I just missed them...but I dought it. I also Veg with 24 hrs light with no problems, but as everyone knows, all plants are different.

17. i love how everyone on here has a voice and an opinion that they politely defend, haha its like modern government, haha the moderators are a democratic congress..
    (just kidding guys...;) you know i love you.)

18. You know, I just don't look at that plant the same anymore after reading your report LOL I'm really excited now, I put her into 12/12 2 days ago and she looks just amazing. I'll get some new pics up. Thanks for your post man, I have never tried the SS but am sure ready to now! :D

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying 24 hours will get you hermies every time, but it sure helps with non-feminized seeds, especially bagseeds which is mainly what I've grown, and I got plenty of hermies back in my 24-hour days. And like I said, I'm still tore up over the last grow herm'ing out (again, over lighting issues I'm afraid) so I'm just excercising a 20 year old habit of giving them a break, which I firmly believe in anyways if you take the hermie concerns out. You can certainly veg with 24 hours without problems (and with 33% increase in growth according to Ed Rosenthal), but it's not my preference, and I take any reasonable precaution I can to avoid hermies. I do grow my herbs and vegetables with 24 hours though :)

You know the grow area is one of the few places I've seen opinions defended politely in the city lately, some of the other forums are not as nice. But growers are a different breed :rolleyes: Ask 10 different growers a question and you'll get 20 opinions LOL I guess we are used to someone having a different take on a lot of things we do in a garden.

19. Ed I did 18/6 with my last grow/veg cycle and ended up with two hermies out of 8. This time I'm doing 24/0 and according to pictorial references I'm at least 3 days ahead at day 6. Obviously that's not very accurate lol. But, I'm concerned this is a stress on the plant(s) and it was one of the first questions I asked on GC.

Right now I'm thinking it's genetic- this propensity towards hermaphroditism.

As far as opinions- like the saying goes... we all know it. The problem is arguing and flaming about it when someone disagrees. I prefer to let it go, even when I know I'm right. :rolleyes:

Most folks on the growing side of GC appear to follow this philosophy. Maybe it's just a stoner trait. I like discussions not acrimonious arguments when I'm stoned...

20. Yeah genetics makes a big difference, commercial brick bagseeds will hermie on you quick.