Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles Without Heat / Healthy Recipies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KGCrystal, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hello Guys :)

I am a musician and i am a heavy smoker. But i used to bake cake with 16 grams 250Grams cake... I am 29 and guess what after 3 years (continues eating ) i got cholesterol which is bit high.

Right now i want to avoid Trans fat blah blah for health issues.

I am not expert with edibles. Just used to bake.

I am looking for healthy non heat /baking method to create my edibles.

PS : I have fine grounded weed powder ( its naturally decarb ) ... What can i do with it.

I notice olive oil is healthier for cholesterol. So can i use olive oil with weed ?

Thank you guys :)

Open for all suggestions. I was a big reader here since my english not good didnt want to open a thread.

Peace :

2. People do olive oil infusions often. But then you'd cook with it, I assume, unless you used it as a dressing or something.

People also mix decarbed weed with PB or I guess pretty much anything as long as you can stand the texture.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you for your reply.

I am going to more deeper with peanut butter and make sure its non-saturated fat (cholesterol friendly)

Yes heard that olive oil not good for baking.

Yet i am unable to confirm that Olive oil spread are ok to bake :) I just want the edible high and cholesterol firnedly :) .;

:) Thank you for your output

• Like Like x 1
  4. As far as no heat methods, your best bet is a tincture using very high content alcohol, preferably Everclear, you soak your buds in the everclear, just enough to cover the bud, and put in a cool dark place and shake every day for a month. After that, strain out the herb and either let the alcohol evaporate naturally (preferably outdoors as alcohol fumes are extremely flammable) or you can use a double boiler to help evaporate out some of the alcohol. Then you can just put that into a beverage or right under your tongue.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You can buy all natural, trans fat free cake mix at the health food store, or shopping on line. Vegan cake, gluten free cake, low fat cake, organic cake.... Lots of healthy dessert options available in the marketplace today.

Olive oil works perfectly fine for edibles. They might have a slightly moist/oily temperature though, since olive oil is liquid at room temperature. I personally use and recommend virgin coconut oil, which is solid at room temperature and gives an excellent texture to baked goods, similar to shortening but healthier.

My advice is to watch what you eat and drink, make healthy choices throughout the day, and then you can reward yourself with a small piece of decadent cannabis edible. :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. I will try to get some paste from ebay.

Today i made from meadowlea original margerine since they stated it has 65 less saturated fat than butter.

Also noticed olive oil not good for bake since it has smoking point less than 160C ( i am not sure nor expert :) )

Yes i am just jump to healhly foods and habit.

All bad is smoking weed with tobaco ( i know i hate that but since i smoke a lot it costly :) plus i use actitube charcoal filters. : )

Thank you guys GC rox

7. You really want a high fat content in the oil you are using to extract because that is what the THC binds to, or use alcohol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thank you for your help . Actually thats the only way i have to go. Here everclear is not available. All i could go with 50% alchol like jack daniel single barrel or something like that.

I am going to try . But i am worrying about what about my liver. Cause i used to drink over 4 years continuesly :D

Can i use small amount or its just just shot glass ?

Thanks again.

9. I would probably not try this method if you don't have access to something that is at least 75% alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Another suggestion is to make canna capsules from coconut oil, following the "BadKat's CannaPharm" sticky thread. You will get a few calories from the coconut oil, but much fewer calories compared to cake/cookies/brownies, because you are not adding any sugar, flour, eggs, chocolate, or other ingredients. Just a very small amount of all natural plant fat.

• Like Like x 2
  11. @KGCrystal
    Coconut oil is the oil of choice for edibles.
    Decarb the weed first for ANY edible use to activate it. (240 F for 40 minutes) on a tray in the oven Covered or not it doesn't matter.
    Next mix equal amounts of weed and coconut oil and add 1/6th lecithin.
    Heat 220 F for 20 to 60 minutes depending on the mass your heating. My 3 tablespoon runs only need 20 minutes. A cup of oil will need an hour.
    Freeze.
    Reheat and it's done. Strain out the weed if you want but it not needed. Cap the oil while still warm with a large bore eyedropper or pipette. Number 00 or 000 caps for weak weed oil. Or just have a 1/4 teaspoon of it. It's an acquired taste but I love the hash oil I make so much I let the caps melt in my mouth.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    I do hash to oil for caps but the steps are the same for weed oil. it's not as wicked strong is all. Still knock you on your ass more then likely.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Thank you for your suggestion. I avoid it then .

13. Thank you for your advice. Now i am going to make it with olive oil. I have unlimited weed (but they are ground and low quality ) so i guess i need more to add.

Will update how it goes as well.. I don't have a oven instead i am going to use philips air fryer (this is where i backed as well)

I don't think i will have to decard since its naturally decard and like i said i used to bake cake :)

PS : i have weed power (grinded )

14. Ive been making gummys, im kind of a health freak and have ibs-d. if i got to dose everyday gummys are my go to. They so much better than all of that sugar n extra cals...its literarily fruit puree, coconut water, gelatin, honey and tsp coconut oil:)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. add lecithin for an added thc fat soluble carrier.. I personally use sunflower lecithin and no Soy

if you go the lecithin route look into ultra sonic lyposomal encapsulation... you can encapsulate thc in the lipids to deliver it better

16. Eat food that is rich in fiber. Oatmeal is the best, it has soluble fiber that helps in reducing the unhealthy cholesterol.