Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles Vs. Smoking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BeachStoner69, Mar 26, 2012.

1. what is the difference? what are the pro/cons of each and which do you guys prefer? :)

2. Edible. Clean lungs. Really long lasting. Mad body stone (really good pain relief). 3g of fresh bud will make me enough edible for atleast 6 days.

Smoking. More of a head high, hits faster, i love my bong, i love rolling joints.

There is no downside in edible as far as I'm concerned. But obviously smoking is smoking which is gross. I hate coughing, phlegm, always smell like weed, have to hit over and over again.. but.. hmmm.. I really love a nice joint.

3. what do you do with your 3g of good bud?

4. 3g of good bud for edibles for 6DAYS!

wow dude yours seriously onto something there.

personally edibles get you high as fuck but there not as efficient as smoking...

You can eat a shit ton of edibles and just be so high that you fall asleep and wake up the next day still buzzed.

But personally i prefer smoking since it kicks in a fraction of the time of edibles and you could smoke all day with amount of weed youd use in the edibles(for a good high).

A good edible, say one serving, is gonna have about 3g's of bud in it. That will make it worth your while in my opinion to even do edibles.

Edibles are only worth it if your buying them already made or have excess bud/grow that you wanna get adventurous with.

But hey thats my .02

5. Edibles are good but Smoking is more efficient.

I love a good brownie but if I eat a brownie I'm going to be high for 6-8 hours, One time I was high for 24hrs, Sometimes you got shit to do so a joint,bong or pipe is that quick fast high you need and you don't have to wait 1-2 hours for it to kick in like an edible.

6. i first tried edibles maybe 2 months ago. Someone in the dorms at my college had them and was selling them 10 a piece. I ate one and was high for hours. I was stoned for like 2 or 3 hours and could still feel the effects much longer than that.

Now if i smoke ill be high for maybe an hour, sometimes not even that.

Edibles are stronger and last much longer.

7. Stop saying non sense a good serving for a good edible high is .5 to 1 gram. With 3g you get too high and either pass out or just throw up.

8. Guys I think we all are missing the point here. The next evolutionary development in smoking weed has been discovered. The child of the smoking and edibles, featuring high-in-seconds and the feel of a nice session, while still maintaining clean lungs and a healthy body.

It is: The vaporizer.

At the turn of the century the vaporizer appeared on the global playing field of cannabis worship. Shown to be highly efficient in the amount of marijuana used, you can get very stoned off of just a small amount. As time progressed into the onset of 2010, vaporizers are now recognized and reputable as many different kinds have emerged. The Volcano, Da Buddha, Silver Surfer, Magic Flight Launch Box, Iolite, Vaporbrothers. All different forms of a new and revolutionary way of getting high.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

9. [quote name='"Hikari"']

Stop saying non sense a good serving for a good edible high is .5 to 1 gram. With 3g you get too high and either pass out or just throw up.[/quote]

For some people. I made an edible with 3g of White Widow. And yes I did everything correctly. This was also probably the dankest stuff I've ever had. When I smoked it, nothing got me higher.

But I barely got high =\.

Same is true for every single edible I've ever had. I think I lack an enzyme or something, because my body is just shitty at using edibles. So it does vary from person to person. How efficient edibles are is directly dependant on how good your body is at digesting them. Vaporizing or smoking is FAR more efficient for me, obviously.

I agree with edibles though - vaporizing is just supreme.

10. Pre-heat oven to 162Celcius
    Grind up weed
    spread weed out in a flat even layer small tray/plate
    Put it oven for 5 mins.. or whenever the weed is dry and crumbles easily
    Turn oven down to 110Celsius
    Put clarified butter in small cup (I use an espresso cup)
    Mix in the weed with a small utensil (so you don't remove much butter when you mix)
    Cover weed/butter with foil
    Put in the oven for as long as you can wait. I fell asleep and left mine on overnight.
    Add chocolate into warm butter/weed mixture. If you use nutella then wait for the butter to cool down for longer.
    Eat a small spoon
    Wait 45mins - 1.5 hours..
    yeeahhhhhhh.. fucken smashed.

Its like beef neck or shin. The cooler, slower, longer, the better, better, better.

11. speak for yourself, non-senser.

12. I will always be a smoker, but have tried some edibles.

13. Ya the way you digest fat is important but when you eat it is too. It's recommanded that you eat your edible 1 hour after eating a meal for maximum efficiency to avoid the first pass metabolism First pass effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is what happened to you ? :confused:

14. [quote name='"Hikari"']

Ya the way you digest fat is important but when you eat it is too. It's recommanded that you eat your edible 1 hour after eating a meal for maximum efficiency to avoid the first pass metabolism First pass effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is what happened to you ? :confused:[/quote]

I dono...I've tried it many many times by now, with other people who got way more stoned than I did.

15. I prefer smoking for medicinal use and edibles are more recreational for me. I can't always hold down edibles when I'm sick. When I'm at my worst I can't even hold down a sip of water. So smoking is really my only option to feel better. Plus edibles put me in a stupor, make it hard to get any work done, and make me want to eat everything in sight, lol. If I've had a hard day and just want to relax, edibles are the way too go.

16. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

For some people. I made an edible with 3g of White Widow. And yes I did everything correctly. This was also probably the dankest stuff I've ever had. When I smoked it, nothing got me higher.

But I barely got high =\.

Same is true for every single edible I've ever had. I think I lack an enzyme or something, because my body is just shitty at using edibles. So it does vary from person to person. How efficient edibles are is directly dependant on how good your body is at digesting them. Vaporizing or smoking is FAR more efficient for me, obviously.

I agree with edibles though - vaporizing is just supreme.[/quote]

Have you tried backing with Coconut oil and lecithin? It makes the MJ way more digestible if you have a hard time absorbing edibles. I have a lot of digestion problems myself and learned this from another blade. Badkittysmiles has a great recipe.

17. #17 Jezn, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012

lol, i don't know what kind of weed you use for edibles, but if you make them correctly, 3g's is enough to get 5 people high all evening (when using dank). Nobody i know, and nobody on this forum, has ever suggested using 3 g's for an edible. Unless you cook with schwag with 5% thc content.

also, if you use 3g's of dank in an edible and it doesn't get you high as shit for at least 12 hrs, you either have a malfunctioning liver (or some other part in your body), a tolerance that is ridicoulus or you did something wrong. You doing something wrong is most likely.

I prefer vaporizing myself since its a little easier to control dossage and onset, but i love edibles for special ocassions or for stealth (or for when i just feel like consuming an edible). I always have some tincture or infused coconut oil lying around so i can use it whenever i feel like it.

18. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

Have you tried backing with Coconut oil and lecithin? It makes the MJ way more digestible if you have a hard time absorbing edibles. I have a lot of digestion problems myself and learned this from another blade. Badkittysmiles has a great recipe.[/quote]

I haven't. That's interesting though, cause I do know I have digestion problems (other than my experience with edibles). I may try it again, it's just something I'm wary of since every time it seems like such a waste for me =\. I still mourn the loss of that white widow.

19. Mixed opinions, but there is really only one way to find out for yourself.

If you try, take the time to read Badkitysmiles tutorials. It involves extra work but provides extra rewards and that's what it's all about.

Too many people don't use enough weed or bastardize a recipe to the point that it either didn't cook enough or they burn up all the magic in their product.

A good edible buzz is something every smoker should experience at least once.

Go for it.

20. Edibles do nothing to me-not a damn thing!
    :smoke: