Edibles through TSA 2017

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by terraedea, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Okay so here's the situation. My boyfriend and I are going to NYC from South Carolina this Christmas to visit my family and last time I went with a friend of mine, I got some joints through TSA in my checked baggage. I rolled them and put them through my tampons and sealed the box back up with no problem. Now here's the thing, my boyfriend hates the smell of weed and I also got charged extra at the hotel I was staying at for a smoking fee, I now wanna bring some edibles on the plane. I'm staying for a week. I've been reading up on it and I'm getting mixed reviews. Should I bring it through my checked bags masked with other foods or in my carry on bag? If i go through the scanner, would they be able to tell it's pot in some brownies?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I believe if you've checked you're bag and have it sealed really well you should be fine. Another person I know packed some edibles and checked the bag and went to London and their edibles we're just fine. If you were taking it through TSA and took the bag with you and stored it in an overhead bin, that would likely be trouble as those bags are more closely checked. You also could mail them to your destination and that's would be even safer.

I wish you the best of luck!

☮️