Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles On and Empty stomach

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sativalover420, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hello GC,

So ive tried homemade edibles many times and havnt had much success with them, i usually just get an even body buzz but regret using the bud cuz i woulda gotten higher jus smokin it.

Today i decided to smoke half a blunt and eat some of my homemade brownie. I have just been up for an hour or two, havnt eaten or drank anything. Im feeling way more stoned then i should have from just smoking half this blunt, mind you its highgrade. Its a great body high

Anyone else try edibles on an empty stomach?

Attached Files:

2. in my experience, edibles, even rather weak ones, can greatly enhance your smoking high.

It's recommended to eat your edible about 1-2hrs after you've eaten a greasy snack, but i used to eat them on an empty stomach too and also had good results. The experience was just a little shorter for me.

I made brownies too a few days ago and they came out looking like yours op, still a little gooey on the botom, i think they are nice that way ;)

3. #3 Sativalover420, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
    Im gona try eating a small greasy snack first since i got a bit of a stomach ache, nothing too bad. And yes i felt that the edible enhanced te feeling of my smoke.

Edit: haha yea my brownie came out a bit gooey and undercooked, i was blazed and was paranoid that it would get burned, eather eat it undercooked then burned lol. I gotta get the hang of bakin

4. for me it was an oven problem, the brownie mix said to bake em for about 40 minutes at 280, i did it for about an hour and a half and they still weren't right. But only the botom 3 milimeter was still gooey with mine ;) And i like them that way

5. I once had a brownie immediately following a big dinner. I didnt start feeling it until like midnight - didn't get much sleep that night.

Metabolism absolutely effects the delivery time. Since my brownie mistake, I always try to eat edibles on an empty stomach.

In the morning, before I have anything else, I like to have a cup of coffee with a few droppers of green dragon. By the time I'm done with the cup I'm pretty well stoned. :)

6. i think that it doesnt really matter if you eat them on an empty stomach. i eat edibles often- i find the only thing that helps a bit is eating something oily with the edible... anyone know of any other tricks?

7. I had always adhered to the empty stomach theory, and with great success until reading the greasy snack before hand idea on this site. It makes sense to me and when circumstances allow me to consume cannabis again I plan on using BKS's coconut oil recipes.

I advocate eating the brownies then waiting 1.5-2hrs before smoking just so the edible has had enough time to do it's magic before I mix it with another delivery method.

8. I do it on an empty stomach if I can help it. It comes on quicker and doesn't last for a dramatically long amount of time, but usually is stronger when you are feeling it.

9. eat oily stuff and you get mmmmuuuch more lifted... trust me eat some peanuts with your edible man.... toasted

10. I prefer an empty stomach when I'm taking an edible- a greasy meal either delays my high (and then I'm high at work, which for me is *terrible*) or spirals it out of control, and I've been "too high" with motion sickness-like symptoms. With an empty stomach, it comes on fairly quickly, and I can usually 'bring myself down' by eating something sensible. Last summer, I had a canna-pb sandwich before we went to a baseball game with fireworks at the end- it was nirvana, being outside in the summer, seeing happy people around me, and the fireworks were so good :)