Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles might be bs...

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by travilanche, Mar 14, 2017.

1. So i am spending 4 days in denver, and was very excited to try edibles because my smoking is fucked. I dont feel shit from it anymore. So i went into a shop and bought a sleve of 100 mg cookies. They guy said it should only take about half an hour to kick in. So i took half of one and waited 45 minutes. Nothing. So i ate another cookie and a half, and now an hour later still nothing. So 200mg and i literally feel no different. So what gives here? Am i immune to thc somehow? Soooo disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm the same way man... I've tried edibles in many different forms and many different amounts... Most I ever get is a sleepy body buzz

Seems quite common

3. I don't really get high from edibles either

4. My girlfriend has the same exact problem. The only stuff she gets any feeing from is her dads. Nothing from the dispo helps.
    As for the edibles I never buy from dispos. Go for the butter or olive oil, and make your own. Everyone seems to cut their cannabutter with actual butter nowadays.
    We bought olive oil from the dispo, and that batch of brownies put her on her ass after eating just 1. As for me... I was out for the night, and woke up with edible hangover

5. I know what u mean with the morning hangover I have felt it a little bit in the morning a few times not sure if it was that or the bud I smoked tho.. I've eaten half a pan of brownies once thinking maybe I fucked them up.. felt nearly nothing.. gave my friends some.. they said they were awesome.. I still enjoy making them tho.

6. Same here...Spent a bunch and was it was so disappointing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. If the edible doesn't taste like you're stuffing keef in your mouth it isn't made right

• Like Like x 8
  8. Edibles do work and can be stronger than smoking, but I wouldn't really trust a dispensary to use enough weed to make good edibles. And that's the thing, once it's in edible form you can't verify what you're buying.

Make 'em yourself and use a lot of weed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The strongest highs I've ever had were from edibles. Literally thought I was going to die or forget how to breathe .. lol (and that was only using a fraction of a gram inside a chocolate bar)

Your dispensary probably runs on hemp, or sucks at cooking.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I never understood edibles, didn't do shit for me. Tried many times, wasted much weed. Don't want to say I hated them but I didn't much care for them for sure. Then I was introduced to better ways of making edibles and my horizons expanded. I love edibles now. You can't fk around, it's going to take a good amount of good quality product to start with. Nothing like making edibles yourself. The store bought crap I've tried was just that, crap. Make it yourself, make it right, make it strong.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Buzzer777, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    In Nevada, the State controls everything...including packaging..Contents, tested results (but not strain) are listed on all..including edibles...For me they are YUMMY, EXPENSIVE, and just don't work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maybe because weed is so cheap in the United states, it is economic to smoke it in high amounts .. and thus, develop a high tolerance?

Regardless, I can get blacked-out stoned on 0.25 grams inserted into edibles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. One thing I forgot to mention .. here in New Zealand we have a tradition of drinking while smoking weed at the same time. For people, it's just another way to conserve what little weed we can get our hands on .. and stretch out the buzz.

Science has actually proven that alcohol boosts the THC levels in the blood. (Rather, to be more specific, it speeds up the absorption of THC ..)lol

14. I'm pretty much the same way. I get pain relief and a decent body high, but I've never gotten a really strong mental high from edibles. I've tried all kinds of them, store-bought and homemade, even up to 500mg THC or half a gram of hash oil, and had the same results. Everybody is different. If I want to get stoned, I stick to smoking :smoking:

15. Tiki killers or Chewbacca chew from cali fucks me up. I just think cali has alot of independent companies out their that makes their product off of nug runs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. what happened is your body is used to getting stoned through smoking. I have to eat a minimum of 300 mg all at once just to feel a buzz. If i want to get high, about 400 mg and if i want to green out, 500+mg all at once.

17. Its all about knowing what you are buying. Most people in this world will try to screw you over. This is why i love being a medical patient. If made properly it will get you medicated. For all the people that live in legal or medical states saying edibles do not work need to try better companies. Korova edibles will mess you up. These are available all throughout cali. This is there strongest product out usually sells for $35. Here is a list of all there products they taste amazing. PRODUCTS . My point being that if you get from a reputable company as them opposed to trusting a shop to make your product you will be way happier with the results in the product. If you need more legit edible company names i could list a bunch. To say edibles do not work for you is absurd. As long as you are human your liver turns the edible into thc 11 which is a very effective medicine.

18. They don't work for me either. Tried 3 times. Everyone says use more weed, but I'm not about to keep wasting weed for something that has yet to work for me.

I'll be in Denver in a month for 420 so I expect dank.

• Like Like x 2
  19. My condolences go out to everyone saying Edibles "don't work" for them :giggle:

As another poster mentioned, I too can still get black-the-fk-out high off of a decently made edible, and I am not a big thc baker at all. The key is to make them yourself.

And yes it's true: stores will OFTEN sell shitty edibles. I'm not certain why this is since again, it's easy to make legit edibles, but it's true. I've been in places that had legit herb itself, cool prices and all that, but their edibles absolutely sucked.

If you want to chat with god, don't smoke for 2 weeks, then put .25oz into 2 fat brownies. Clear your schedule for the rest of the day and go to a quiet undisturbed room. You should know if you're weird in any way before going into it, and ofc use at your own risk, because Edibles most certainly work.

20. If smoking doesn't do it for you anymore, your tolerance is probably really high. Thus the edibles you ingested really didn't do much due to that tolerance. You may need 3x or 4x the dosage of what an average person may require. And you can't guarantee strength from a dispensary.

I'd recommend making edibles yourself using hash oil so you can make them as strong as you need to get high.

• Like Like x 3