Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles High vs. Smoking High

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GreensPORFAVOR, Feb 13, 2009.

1. when smoking one knows one is going to get high, and notices onesself getting high as one smokes each hit, causing a more in control high. When you eat edibles, you dont know when its going to hit you, so it feels subconsciously more like you are tripping than getting high.

2. edibles suck smoking all the wayy!

3. Half it up. :)
    use half for Edibles, and the other half for smoking.
    I suggest making firecrackers, and after you eat some, roll joints/bleezys of the rest til you feel it.

4. this. Firecrackers are awesome. make a couple with a bit of your weed in each. you prolly only need like .5g in each of dank to get a good high. smoke some later to enhance your firecracker.

5. just smoke it. i wouldnt fuck with making edibles unless you have an ounce and above..

6. Brownies ftw

7. Lmao this post is so old guys.

8. Follow me on twitter @OG_stoner_swag if you love weed

9. Edible highs aren't my favorite, but I think that has to do with my digestion problems. I don't digest fat well, so I don't process edibles well either, since THC is fat soluble. I have to eat a lot more than most people to get high. The T break doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Get your tolerance down for the new hook up and you can appreciate it even more.

10. What's up with all the necro posts lately? I saw one last week reviving a thread from '03...

11. I have only tried edibles once and they did absolutely nothing for me. I am not sure but it may have something to do with the fact I smoke an ounce a week. Keep in mind all drugs effect people differently. For example most folks I smoke with are wasted after I smoke a half a bone with them. I myself will smoke a whole one and not even be close to wasted. Everyones tolerance is different.

Have a great day!

MGB

12. #32 Grow Vault, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Might be the stuff you are eating...maybe it's not that good.
    I was the same way....now I love cookies!
    We put .20-.50 of hash in each cookie depending who they are for...and all our patients love them.
    I personally like a .35 for daytime and a .50 for night time...lasts about 5 hours...takes about for start to work.
    I smoke 2oz per week (medical grow) of quality meds, and the cookies work.
    Try some with hash in them.

SignSmoker
    Metro Detroit

13. It's all in your processing.. you should NOT be able to eat more canna in a properly made oil, than you can smoke. Edibles are more efficient... but only when processed correctly.

The quality of processing is why 'worst-case-scenario' edibles or quickie-oils, require more material per dose, achieve a lesser effect, and take a longer time to kick in, than a patiently made oil using only a fraction of the same quality material.

Improper and impatient processing methods are why we have so much dosage discrepancy (and so many failed edible stories).

14. #34 sundaddy, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Here's what you do. Vape the top layer of thc off, you will enjoy all the taste while simultaneously decarboxylating it. Now make peanut butter crackers with about a gram of that half vaped herb on there and eat it about 4 or 5pm and enjoy the evening. Once ingested your body will metabolize it into 11-hydroxy-THC A far more trippy feeling than Delta 9.

15. I only buy edibles from dispensaries so idk how potent homemade ones are, last one i got was buddhas best granola from my local collective...had a perma grin and couldnt stop thinking of just random funny shit for like 2-3hours straight. If you like the feeling edibles give then try making a tincture out of high proof alcohol or glycerin so you dont have to bake everytime