Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles ? HELP!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KillaWillaBilla, Nov 24, 2011.

1. so i got some edibles i have very high tolerance. All of the edibles i have have a dosage on them and i was wondering what a high dose is considered.

i have a 100mg capsule
    i have a 250mg cookie
    and a 200mg candy bar

I have taken 100mg before and didnt feel all that much but my friend was bombed is 250 gonna be to high? what do you guys think lol

2. 100mg capsule sound like some "knock you on yo a**" type sh*t.

3. I'd eat the candy bar and see how you feel

4. yeah these are all the extra strength me and my friend smoke all day and cant seem to get bombed on edibles cause of tolerance, kinda sucks.

5. I don't think smoking tolerance has anything to do with edibles?

6. it obviously does when my friend who barley smokes was bombed on 100mg and i was functioning. smoking makes your body build a tolerance to THC and eating edibles gives your body THC which is what it has a tolerance for.

7. Milligrams??? Hahaha. U need at least a .03 gram per serving. If u have a high tolerance I would say u need probably .5 per serving. Depends on what grade of grass was used to cook wit

8. #8 HipHopFiend, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    [quote name='"shawnhemp"']Milligrams??? Hahaha. U need at least a .03 gram per serving. If u have a high tolerance I would say u need probably .5 per serving. Depends on what grade of grass was used to cook wit[/quote]

Read first.^^ lol and .03 is 30 milligrams. Fyi

OP, eat half the candy bar and see how it feels, then dose up after an hour and a half or so.

9. #9 KillaWillaBilla, Nov 24, 2011
    you have obviously never bought edibles from a dispensary they have the active THC per serving listed in milligrams as the actual amount of THC must be known. A despense cant just take an ounce of trim and guesstimate whether the edible will be bomb they have precise measurements. I realize at home when you bake edibles you will want .3 of a gram in a serving not milligrams. So basically their measure is for the amount of pure THC while your at home measure is for amount of plant matter.

10. Oh. I'm high. Lol

11. yeah its cool lol not bein a douche mang just trying to be informative. freakin im gonna eat 200 and see how it goes ill let you all know wooooooo!!!!!

12. It's certainly nice that most clinics list the quantity in mg's, but if they (or their suppliers) can't make a decent edible or if the batch comes out wrong, it almost doesn't matter how much an edible contains; it won't work well. :)

I'd suggest that you keep trying different edibles, and different clinics if possible, until you find one that provides you the most effect from the least amount of material. In the end, it should take a bit less than you'd normally smoke, to achieve a more powerful effect.

When a high-content edible doesn't work, but it contains a higher dose or more than you'd usually smoke, then it could be that your body simply isn't capable of efficiently absorbing the specific oil or edible-solvent they chose, or it could be that the supplier just doesn't make a very good edible. :)

13. Totally on point! Kitty knows wassup when it comes to edibles and other consumables.

I've tried almost every kind of edible available in CO and nothing has worked for me. I dunno.

14. I feel like when I smoke, I feel 'normal' not 'high'.

My 1g firecracker on an empty stomach kicked my ass. Wait an hour and fasten your seatbelt.

15. yeah i am in colorado as well i go to river rock. but it seems it is a group of manufactures that makes most edibles and not the dispensaries themselves so it is hard to sample different places since they mostly have the same brand lol

16. 200mg? ive never done edibles but i was under the impression that you need to eat atleast 1g weed mix to get high

17. #17 KillaWillaBilla, Nov 24, 2011
    lol read the thread's posts 1 gram refers to the amount of the actual plant, the milligrams refers to the amount of active THC not the amount of plant matter used