Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles dont work

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Steezy Mcgeez, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Ive made multiple different kinds of edibles and non of them seem to give me an effect. I follow instructions EXACTLY. I made weed ramen today and i dont feel anything and its been 2 and half hours. I made firecrackers and never felt anything. A friend made brownie but i never felt it. Does this happen to some? i know i cant be making them wrong because i make sure its exact. Plus i always use good weed. :confused:

2. every time i've eaten weed, i just barely feel it. a while ago, we made fire crackers and my bf was pretty high and i felt almost nothing. freshman year of college, we hung out with this kid who had a huge stash of pot cookies (kept in chips ahoy boxes) and we always ate them and smoked right after... so i couldn't tell. but the one time we didn't smoke after, everyone but me got high.

the only time i ever felt anything noticeable was when i ate a big spoonful of weed frosting (friends were making cupcakes) and even though i smoked after, there was a definite body high i had not experienced before.

3. but a gram of dro in a firecracker you will feel it

4. I put this so called "dro" in there. ha i dont get "dro" i get my medicine from the dispensary. So my weed is just as good as "dro"...

Sorry i just hate it when people say 'dro'.

5. You hate when people use the word "dro" but you just used it 4 times...

6. Does your dispensary sell edibles? If they do then I suggest trying one of theirs. Just in case there is something you might be doing wrong.

Edibles could also just not effect you like others. My husband is the same way. He cannot get high from brownies or firecrackers.

7. i used dro is quotations if you didnt catch that their buddy

8. i didnt even think about that. but actually im not sure because ive never looked around for them

9. Steezy McGeez:
    Call your weed what you'd like, I'll call mine dro...
    at the end of the day all that matter is my dick is a lot bigger than urs...
    pussy

10. #11 xephyd, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    ma SPOON is too big!

hahahahahahaha anyway

how much bud do you put in when you make edibles? it's possible that with slow metabolism and not enough bud, the THC thats in the edibles absorbs so slowly that you don't reach the point of feeling it.

if you ever feel like trying edibles again make sure to eat it on an empty stomach. if you have other food in your stomach, then the digestion and absorption of the THC in the edible slows down. also, most edibles have a good amount of fat in them [since the fat is used to extract the THC] which also slows down metabolism. you may want to try an extraction method other than fats [hashmouf's "green" tea: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/253590-hashmoufs-summer-thirst-quencher-purple-green-iced-tea-recipe-guide.html] so for some people, it'll take up to 2, maybe 3 hours to feel it.

i had the same problem - any edible i had did nothing for me. no body high, not even an extended high w/ smoking after eating it. UNTIL - i made a firecracker. most guides will tell you to either bake it for 20 min then eat it, or let it sit for 3-5 days then eat it.

why not BOTH? here's how i made my firecracker - http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/465279-crimea-blue-himalayan-gold-500-watts-mh-hps-cfl-soil-grow-lst-sog-perpetual.html#post5675847

i ended up making 5 firecrackers, with a total of 8.5-9 g of bud. thats nearly 2 grams per firecracker.
    after having one whole firecracker on an empty stomach, felt it ~1.5 hrs later, very very pleasant high. not overwhelming, but very nice and noticeable, and i was still functioning.

2 of my friends split 1 firecracker [same batch, so they each had just under a gram each] - one said he felt so high he almost felt like he couldnt breathe [closest thing to describe, he said it wasn't a bad feeling though, just like overwhelmingly high] the other was high for 5 hours and told me afterwards that he felt so pleasantly fucked up during it, all he did was sit in a chair and listen to music for half the time. lollllll

^ the guy who couldn't breathe has a pretty low tolerance. 1 bowl is enough for him to be very lit, same bowl for me = lifted [my tolerance is pretty high, since i blaze several times a day for extended periods of time]

LASTLY and most importantly - you know the saying a watched pot never boils? same thing here. when you eat your edible, do something else to take your mind off of it while you wait for it to digest. having talked with several people about edibles, we agreed that if you just sit there doing nothing, stressing out and getting pissed that the edible isn't working, in the end it won't work. after all, having the right mindset can completely change any situation.

11. Make pot butter in a crockpot or something. Use it to make brownies. Eat and get high.:smoke: