Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles don't work for me?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shackedboi, Sep 3, 2012.

1. On two occasions I took edibles. Both 20x brownies. First time we smoked, I got decently high and ate a quarter. It never hit me. Second Time I smokes about double, got pretty fucking High and ate a third. That also never hit me. They were from the clinic and they hit my other friends, but no me and one of my other friends. Are we too tolerant? Has this happened to anyone else? Should we not smoke before?

2. A couple days ago I read somewhere certain people just don't get high from edibles. It was proved because two people ate from the same batch and one got high and the other didn't. I have eaten 3 edibles never got high I always though felt a mild high for like a minute about 50mins in

3. I feel your pain man. I've eaten all types of edibles from the clinics and they are all weak! I could eat 30 bucks a weed.. and then be high. Rather smoke an 8th. I am trying to make some potent butter tonight though, maybe that will work.

4. #4 Clidefr0g, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    I think you guys are either lying, don't know what your talking about, or are using shitty shitty weed, or not enough weed.

Try improving in any or all of the above mentioned areas and try again, if you get high off smoking you get high off eating it is fundamentally impossible for the 2 to be separate.

Furthermore, it takes nearly an hour to kick in, and because of the time frame and slowly increasing high, it MAY seem like you are not stoned, but usually if you decide to take a step or 2 you will notice, also, being stoned far after having last smoked is a good indication.

I took some drops that I make from time to time I forget the exact measurements, its approximately 1pint of moonshine mixed with 1oz of oil, I took 12 drops. The moonshine gets u ripped for about 25 minutes and the oil takes over but its very subtle, hard to notice if you're already stoned. but its definitely there. Anyway this edited ramble was just to show that you may be stoned even if you dont necessarily realize it.

5. i've never gotten high from an edible, and i've put 1 gram into them at times, i'm pretty sure i made them right, but who knows lol im no expert, one day i'll buy one and see if it gets me high

6. Are you guys eating them an hour and a half after a nice fatty meal you can't just eat them on a empty stomach google First pass effect. If you have nothing in your stomach most of the weed is going to be broken down by your liver and your not going to get very high if at all. Shout out to granny for this info!

7. Your personal metabolic rate has a great deal to do with how an edible affects you.
    If you have a fast metabolism you will have to ingest much more than someone with a normal or slow metabolism.

8. [quote name='"SunStoner"']Are you guys eating them an hour and a half after a nice fatty meal you can't just eat them on a empty stomach google First pass effect. If you have nothing in your stomach most of the weed is going to be broken down by your liver and your not going to get very high if at all. Shout out to granny for this info![/quote]

We ate about 20 minutes before, I just had a small burger. Could that be the problem? The time I hadn't ate in like 4 hours

9. Try to make your own maybe with some really good weed

10. I got incredibly ripped on one and a half firecrackers -- on an empty stomach. It lasted at least 6 hours.

A week later I made and ate the same identical firecrackers, but not on an empty stomach, and they didn't do shit.

11. but why spend all that money on weed to make enough to get high once or twice that just seems like a waste, and I know I not lying because I've pleanty of different kinds of edibles and I never got high off them, couple of my friends have though it's probably because I've been smoking weed everyday every since I was 14 (so 6 years) so I would need I lot of weed in a brownie to get me high thats all I'm saying

12. [quote name='"DaPurpleToker"']
    but why spend all that money on weed to make enough to get high once or twice that just seems like a waste, and I know I not lying because I've pleanty of different kinds of edibles and I never got high off them, couple of my friends have though it's probably because I've been smoking weed everyday every since I was 14 (so 6 years) so I would need I lot of weed in a brownie to get me high thats all I'm saying[/quote]

nah man you still might have good.edibles or doing it right ive been smoking same amount of time 6 years since i was 15(21 now) and i made a firecracker with vegetable oil out of 1.0 of dank following a thrwad on.here and was high as fuck for hrsss.

13. Different people ,different strokes I guess

14. Don't be lame dude. No ones lying around here man, I eat dispensary edibles like skittles and they aint shit man.. I'm trying to see shit melt

I get jealous when my dudes tell me stories about how fucked up they get on um.

15. I ate half a pan of brownies while my 2 other friends ate a 1/4 each.. I barely even felt a buzz and had to go and smoke more while everyone else was retarded nonsense high, I felt so left out. Being lean with a fast metabolism sucks ass.

16. make a batch with a qp of trim.i bet those will hit ya

17. Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode!

>> Minecraftcodes.info <<

18. Dispensary edibles have never gotten me that high.
    Funny story, I made ISO hash in the wrong pan (one with a teflon coating), about four years ago..
    Newbie mistake, anyway I get as much off the surface as I can, which isn't much.
    I ask my g/f to make eggs, she used the same pan by accident.
    Keep in mind I didn't know she had used the same pan.
    I ate the eggs and 70 minutes later my ears are ringing and I'm fucked up beyond belief.
    Not quite sure how it played out but my eyes were red and I couldn't function, great high.
    I find that edibles I make with straight oil have the same effect.

19. This weekend I decided to try vaped weed in a firecracker. I used the same recipe as before: graham crackers, peanut butter, and coconut oil, and used 1/2 tsp. of weed. When mixed in with the PB and oil it looked like a lot.

I ate it on a totally empty stomach and got zero buzz.

20. I have never had edibles work for me in the past when I ate them on an empty stomach. Since then I read that you should eat something 45min to an hour before consuming your edible for best absorption. I did this yesterday with some AVB and got stoned as hell.