Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles don’t seem to affect me.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SkunkyJ, Jul 13, 2019.

1. So I’ve been smoking for about 7 years now. Haven’t had much experience with edibles until recently, I mean I’ve had them from friends back in the day, but they never worked.

I recently relocated to Rhode Island and there’s a dispensary that opened early this year. I buy a lot of flowers. Decided to pick up some gummies and to my surprise they also did nothing. The guy at the counter said it’s uncommon but some people have a “stronger” liver and filters things differently.
    [​IMG]

Has anyone else heard of this or have any thoughts

Would it be the worst idea to buy more and just eat the hole bag? You know for science

2. Look into the difference in peoples gaestrointestinal absortion of thc...everyones different i eat alot just to feel a little aswell so ramp up slowly until you find an adequate dose

Sent from my LM-X210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Also going for gold in the name of science wont kill ya but you'll shake like a leaf and puke if you go way overboars haha

4. It's fairly common with very heavy smokers. I have this problem too. I make some very potent edibles and I'll often get too full before I get really high. I'll find myself eating like 6 large cookies to get a buzz. That's too many calories.

I OD'd on brownies once about 15 years ago. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but It's almost like that broke my tolerance barrier and now I never feel shit. The time I Od'd I ate half of a tray because they took so long to kick in I was getting frustrated. Went to sleep and woke up in Oz. I was high for a day and a half. Never been half that high on edibles since. I've tried hard too.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. One of the possible solutions another friend of mine with the same problem has found is to make ice water hash with a washing machine/micron bags and then decarb it. Eat it like little pills and swallow.

A 5 gram dose is a heroic dose. Haven't tried it yet.

My buddy decarbs his for 4 hours at 190 degrees because he doesn't want to get it hotter then that and ruin the flavor. Seems to work and it smokes well after that because it's super dry.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You just need a better edible. I can never get anything from store edibles at all . Nada, Zip.
    My own creations however can send me so far into OZ it can get downright scary at times.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes. (Uncovered in oven)

5 grams Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered Buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules @ 83 mg each with Kief-Hash
    This stuff is highly bioavailable and can kick some major ass.
    Start with a few drops and wait 2 full hours before taking more.
    [​IMG]
    I take this every day for medical reasons and it's very effective when made with a grade of concentrate. I make mine with Dry Ice Kief.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The most likely explanation is that the edible was no good.
    I once bought a 100 mg WA dispensary edible, ate the whole thing, and felt nothing.
    Even self-made edibles can be poor if a bad recipe is followed, or mistakes are made.

8. I’ve eaten a ton of edibles from this place. My girlfriend will eat the same amount and she will get fucked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I have even given them to a group and I’m the only one who it doesn’t affect. It’s very strange and disappointing

10. Here is a fine example.
    My wife gets Hammered off her ass on just 2-5mg. Even 1 drop of the Kief oil I take wipes her out. Way to big a dose for her.
    I'm currently taking 4 capsules at a time. 25 drops per cap. So over 100x times what is to much for her.

Need to figure out where your dose range is. My next door neighbor was like you and swore he never got off on any edible in his life. I gave him 10 of my capsules and gave him clear directions on their use.
    Stupid fool took all 10 at once and didn't come down for 3 days. Won't touch them now. LMAO
    Serves him right as I gave him very explicit warnings and directions.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Make your own edibles. Dispensary edibles suck that bag say 5% thc get ya one that’s 25-50% and see if that make a dif.

12. I’m not talking oils. I’m talking edibles.
    I’ve eating a 9 pound hammer Rick Simpson oil capsule from a stage 4 cancer patient and was absolutely fucked up for days. But nothing when I eat a brownie or gummy or drinks.

I personally think your body will absorb the oils differently than an actual baked edible.

13. Unfortunately the places around here don’t have the highest % in edibles.

I even smoked a preroll the other day that had like .3% thc and cbd (I didn’t buy it) a freind brought it over. What a waste of 20$

14. Hahaha I’ll keep that in mind! Maybe I’ll make a video out of it.

15. I have ulcerative colitis and have always wondered if maybe that could cause some issues but I haven’t seen a doctor in a long time to ask

16. Me too man im really sorry to hear that i understand how getting properly medicated can be an issue...thc spray under the tounge works well for me

17. I use exactly the same recipe, Make the concentrated hash oil then blend it into more oil called for in the dish of food whatever it may be from salad oils to the desert dish and it's all wickedly potent

Doesn't seem to matter what it in it's all got a hell of a wallop. We have to be extremely careful when making it into food dishes and put out signs with amounts carry X mg so people at least have some clue what they are taking in.

I helped run a booth at Cannabis show a couple years back and we clearly marked
    Hot Dog = brushed with Canna oil = 15 mg
    Mustard = 4 inch squirt = 5mg
    Catsup = 4 inch squirt = 5 mg

I well remember the testing sessions we did trying to dial in a reasonable dose. WOOHOO Damn we had some surprises a few hours later.

We tried it in cold and hot dishes. Condiments, main items, the whole range of possible foods. Brushed on after the fact seemed to carry a bit more punch then the injected into the dog before cooking so there might be some degradation with heat. Need more testing by independent parties and I can't get the wife to test for me any longer. NO WAY was the last time I asked.
    I only seem to have 3 states of being. Off, On, To Much. I usually hit my target and it is a rare event to go over nowadays but it can still happen. I do like to get up near the edge so tipping past is always in the realm of possibilities.
    For me at least food can be a sort of a trigger. A large meal has several times caused what seems like a THC overload on me that is wild as can be. Same symptoms each time and all at events where you'd go back for 2nd or 3rd plate. 4th of July, That kind of thing.

I was no more stoned then usual but suddenly I had way more stone on then even I was ready for. Tunnel vision, Full body sweat, Loss of balance. " Your all getting very far away from me" LOL. A quiet place to set down and a cold wet rag and I was fine enough in 20 minutes and had come around enough to make sense again.

Skip the edible that day. Limit my food and even limit my toking with friends. Sucks ass but I've learned the hard way what works and what doesn't living on edible oil as I do. It does have side effects I'm learning.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  18. Man I swear it's the tolerance. I'm the same way edibles for the average man just don't cut it. I've used up to 5 grams of bud a dose. And at that point it's a fuck it unless you can grow it yourself, but that was just getting good and with past experiences to get close I'd have to up it a gram per dose to compensate for a permanent tolerance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oo now that sounds interesting

20. Work up to eating the whole bag in smaller increments. It may not apply but I have found that consuming edibles, after eating a big meal, reduces the impact and it can delay the affect a LOT. One time with my wife, after pizza with friends, neither of us felt anything for 3 hours. I find the rough average time it takes to feel the affects of edibles is about 1 hour but, on an empty stomach, 30 minutes is not uncommon. I made a batch of cookies several months ago that I had eaten several times sp I knew the potency pretty well. Once after a full meal consumed enough of the same cookies to get a pretty hefty buzz and got absolutely nothing. Just another consideration of something that is common sense but that we sometimes forget to consider..