Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles and Hash

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mokmokg6, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I live in the middle east and hashish is the leading form of marijuana here, I don't know what kind it is, it's a dark brown hash with brighter insides, it's hard and brittle at room temp and almost powdery if heated too much.
    So that that's out of the way, I wanted to cook with it, I tried twice with no succeful attempts
    First time was a hard candy recipe I found on youtube, I ended up having way too much and it was a bad long intense trip so there is that.
    My seconed attempt was with firecrackers but my problem is measuring the hash I need to put in, I though that It would be logical to put on as much as I put in a joint and splitting the cracker in 2 later so I did that and baked them at 160 degrees for 23 minutes
    I ate 3/4 of it and didn't get high
    So my questions are :
    What kind of hash do you think I have ? And is there any tests that I could perform to make sure ?
    How much hash to put in an edible compared to a joint ? Since I have no idea what potency my hash is and how much it weighs, joints are the only measurement method I have

2. Telling you what kind of hash you have, is like determining a marijuana strain by photo - it is impossible. Hash comes in many different qualities and with different characteristics, but since you are saying that you're living in the Middle East, I think your hash might be good.

You said that you tried making hard candy with your hash, and although your ended up having a bad trip, it did work. Perhaps you should add less to your recipe, or eat less of it? Gotta remember that the THC in your edibles is metabolized into a much more stronger and potent type of THC when it reaches your liver.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks bud, I am gonna do that and or some cannabutter stuff, And yes the hash is fantastic and cheap :D

4. The most likely explanation is that you improperly decarbed the herb.
    160 C for 23 minutes will severely over-decarb, and only about 3 minutes is optimal for that temp.
    If you meant 160 F, then there was practically zero decarb.
    Next time use 240 F (116 C) for 40 minutes.
    A joint-sized edible made from hash should've knocked you out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It was 160 C not F, And just to clarify I don't mean the physical size of a joint I mean enough hash to roll a joint that gets you proberly high, are we on the same page here ?

6. I work with kief-hash oil primarily and have for years.
    Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes
    5 grams decarbed hash
    2.5 teaspoons coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Do take extreme care as this is wickedly potent and a single drop is to much for some users like my wife.
    I have to thin this way down for her use.
    [​IMG]

An eyedropper and capsules are best for finding out just how much is good for you.
    Make 25 single drop caps and take another every 2 hours until your good and high.
    Count how many drops it took and now you have a baseline for how much you needed with out going way over like you did the first time.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    My sub thread for making the capsules.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  7. Same page.
    160 C for 23 minutes killed off most of the thc.
    That's why you didn't get high, too little thc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG]
    After making and taking right at 30,000 caps I think I have a rough idea of just what I'm doing.
    Maybe.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. Okay I am gonna try that in the future and see how it goes, thanks a lot

10. And also is the lecithin really necessary? That might be hard to get around here, is there an alternative ?

11. The lecithin doubles the perceived power of the caps. Still works well it's just not as blisteringly strong.
    Any kind works Soy, Sunflower, Liquid, Granules, Powder.
    [​IMG]
    I use this and get it online as it's half the price.
    BNW

12. Health food stores, Vitamin shops like GNC carry it.

13. I am in the middle east dude, It's not that easy

14. I get that. We talk with people from all over the world and I know that some stuff can be a pain and take time to lay your hands on.
    Start a couple of batches without it and order it online and use it when it arrives. Hash and coconut oil works just fine alone.
    I made several batches without it until I learned about it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. -ignore this-

16. -Ignore this-

17. Okay one last thing, I currently have on me 8 grams of really high potency hash, it's enough for around 30 meduim sized joints, and I think it's much stronger than your homemade hash, should I do any modifications to your recipe ? Maybe start with 1 gram and 2 spoons of coconut oil just to be safe ?
    And also for decarbing, do I just but in the oven ? Or should I wrap it in aluminum foil or something ?
    And one last question, how many joints can you roll with 5 grams of your stuff ?

18. [​IMG]

I'll put my backyard dry ice hash-kief up against anybody's for potency. :)
    You can use any ratio of hash to oil your comfortable with.
    I want mine as strong as possible with as little oil as I can since to much coconut oil can give you diarrhea. Not something I want my hash caps to cause.
    With super strong oil just few drops are needed not a whole spoon full.
    1 drop of this is to much for my wife
    I need a full cap of 25 drops for good effects so the dose can vary wildly.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  19. How many grams of it would you put in a joint ?

20. [​IMG]
    Decarbing is just in a pan in my toaster oven uncovered.
    [​IMG]
    A pair of thermometers to keep the temp in range
    [​IMG]
    The Mr. Coffee mug heater keeps the hash sludge hot enough to flow well up the eyedropper. Keep stirring the sludge to get an even distribution of the hash bits.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1