Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

edibles and delayed digestion

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cunegonde, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Hi folks. I've been mostly unable to manage edibles for a few months, sadly, because it was the most effective method for other symptoms. But over the past year my GI system has been getting worse. I'm waiting for test results and doctors suspect it's gastroparesis, which means my GI system isn't moving things through, or it is doing so very slowly. I've barely been able to eat, solid food causes a lot of pain and I'm constantly full. I've tested edibles a couple of times since this got really bad, and now it's impossible to know when they will kick in. Prior to this, 90 minutes to two hours, always. Now, it generally takes five hours or so, but sometimes happens sooner. The first time it kicked in after five hours I was out in public and very surprised. Now, I've been avoiding edibles unless I know I'm not going anywhere.

I do have a brownie left though and was trying to figure out how to make it a little more digestible. I've been pureeing all of my food so that I can keep it down. I've even managed to puree chicken and beef and it's not too bad. So tomorrow maybe I'll try tossing the brownie in a food processor with some ice cream or milk.

Mmmm, pot brownie puree?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    I've made cookie milkshakes before from inedible cookies (too strong a taste). I just crumbled up in the blender with milk and ice cream. However, I think you may be better served by using an alcohol tincture. If you're interested in that go to the the Dragon Lite or Another Tincture thread for directions. Feel free to ask questions without reading the 1000+ pages on Another Tincture thread. Dragon Lite is shorter. Good luck.

3. Get this book!

It may help you to medicate with what amount of food you're able to get in.

4. I've made tinctures before but it's not cost effective for me, I can only get 76% alcohol and it costs a lot. Maybe I'll give it another shot though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey @LoneGardener, I can't see whatever you're directing me to.

I tried mixing some distillate into my food (if you can call pureed chicken food), but I think it's the same problem as edibles - if the THC is absorbed after it passes through my stomach, and my stomach is taking longer to move the food through it, it kicks in much later. Usually around 5 hours.

I could try tea - in the past when I've put distillate in tea, I end up absorbing a lot of it through the mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you have distillate you should be able to just rub some on your gums or between cheek and gum like you would RSO. At least it won't stain your teeth like RSO does. It doesn't taste as bad as RSO, either, but it does leave an aftertaste. It doesn't have to go through your stomach, though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Either Alcohol or Coconut oil Cannabis preparations should work fairly fast for you sublingual.
    I often let my hash-coconut oil caps melt in my mouth to shorten the wait time. Hits in about 30 minutes rather then the 90 or so it usually takes.
    Coconut oil has the unique ability to bypass much of the digestive system and enters the body through the portal vein and needs no stomach bile to start it's processing. So even swallowed Coconut oil is much faster then any other oil you might use like Butter, Olive, Sunflower, Ect.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Any concentrate works with this basic recipe.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can absorb THC pretty fast under your tongue

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks. I do put distillate under my tongue sometimes, but it's not as strong.

@BrassNwood, I might give your hash capsules a try. It matters less how much smell I make right now, so it might be a good time to try it.

• Like Like x 1