Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible Waste of Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by slapdance, Sep 25, 2012.

1. So every time I have eaten an edible it has never done anything to me. I know for a fact it wasn't the edible because they worked for others, but not for me. My friend looked it up and said that for a small percentage of the population Codeine can't be metabolized correctly in the body and will have no effect. Would this explain my resistance to edibles? Does anyone else have the same problem?

2. What does codeine have to do with anything???
    That is unmentionable drugs son

3. yeah man I made what should of been very potent firecrackers and they didn't deliver the way I hoped. I felt it sure, but I much rather would of smoked it.

That said I can't judge until I get around to making cannabutter and baking stuff with that.

Firecrackers failed me though sadly

4. lol wow I must have skimmed that part...

gtfo out tweaker

5. Codeine isn't a tweaker drug guys.
    Also, OP, there's no codeine in weed so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I think honestly it'd just be the quality of the edibles you're eating. If it's a firecracker, there's your problem.
    If it's cannabutter/oil, you need to add a fair bit of weed/trim, and you need to make sure it doesn't get too hot. I usually let mine sit in the pan which is heating the butter to around 40-50 celcius (rough guess, really low heat), and just let it sit for a few hours before cooking with it.

6. I think what a few of you guys are jumping to conclusions on here, is that this person is talking about codeine?
    Re-read their post.
    They say that edibles don't work on them.
    They say a friend told them some people are resistant to codeine.
    This person wants to know, if what they told him was possible, if it's also possible that a persons body could be resistant to processing thc through an edible form in the same way.

...Do we read here?

Depends on the firecracker. I make FCs that put regular smokers on their asses from post-vape...but yes, I've noticed a lot of people seem to run into trouble with firecrackers, maybe it's just how they're making them.

OP - No, personally I don't think anybody will be incapable of processing thc via edibles. However, it might have a less significant effect for some (as weed can), and a wide range of factors come into play as to why.

If you smoke/vape a lot, your resistance is of course higher...and if you're expecting something completely prolific, it might not occur as intended.

Also depends on what you've had to eat/drink that day.
    In my experience, alcohol is a no-no.
    Consuming alcohol prior to an edible can lessen or kill its effect entirely.
    A full stomach and it might taker too long to kick in over a long time...which might make it less noticable.
    An empty stomach and you can absorb it too fast, which can effect the experience too...not sure what the effects are there, but I'd say the effects might not last as long.

Apparently an idea is to eat a little bit about a half hour before you have your edible - fill yourself up to an extent but not greatly, like a half a sandwich or something.

I also find drinking a hot coffee/tea with your edible works quite well - I'm not sure it's the heat further activating things, the caffeine acting as a bit of a diuretic but it sure seems to help things along.

Also, if you're already smoking/vaping the additional effects of the edible might be less in your perception, after all, while it's different, it still is a stone.

So my suggestion is to follow the advice above.
    Don't eat much that day, just grab a small sandwich/toast a half hour before you eat. Make a coffee. Eat your edible at the same time.
    Maybe 10 minutes after have a slice of mango or a glass of mango nectar (they say it enhances the effects...)
    Then sit back, with minimal input from the environment or those around you...I'd recommend actually being in your own space.
    Watch something, play something, read something, cook something, whatever.
    Now, when it comes on you'll be most receptive to the effects, and you won't have an existing stone biasing your perception.

Aside from all this, as I said tolerance is a factor too.
    Could also be the type of edible.
    I honestly believe that edibles don't just "not" work.

Anyways, see how you go.

7. Why are you putting codiene in your brownies? Youre probably drowning out all the THC...I know 'sizzurp' is the cool thing for the kids now but I mean...WTF

8. I would like to thank Random Thoughts for being the only person able to comprehend the actual question. To everyone else maybe you should lay off the weed as it appears to be affecting your ability to read.
    Anyway Random Thoughts, I have eaten half and waited and then eaten more and still nothing. I have taken them on a full stomach, half stomach, and no stomach and have not smoked beforehand. I know it's not the quality because I have taken them with people who have a higher tolerance then me and it worked for them. It's to the point where when someone has edibles I would rather not waste my money, but I guess I'll put your suggestions to use. Thanks man.