Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible Recipes that Can be Stored

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sp3cialK, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I'm looking to make some form of edibles that I can store for a bit longer than the average cake (like 7+ days rather than 3-5) but in the same similar amounts (10 doses or so a time).

Reason being it'd be handy to be able to make some edibles and have them store for a while rather than have to eat them all straight away.

I was considering making lots of cannabutter or oil, just for small easy storage. But I'd like some things similar to cakes and brownies that will just last a little longer.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for how to store your edibles? Do you wrap in clingfilm then a tupperware box?

2. [quote name='"Sp3cialK"']I'm looking to make some form of edibles that I can store for a bit longer than the average cake (like 7+ days rather than 3-5) but in the same similar amounts (10 doses or so a time).

Reason being it'd be handy to be able to make some edibles and have them store for a while rather than have to eat them all straight away.

I was considering making lots of cannabutter or oil, just for small easy storage. But I'd like some things similar to cakes and brownies that will just last a little longer.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for how to store your edibles? Do you wrap in clingfilm then a tupperware box?[/quote]

I just made some reclaim capsules from my oil rig as well as dishes I use to make oil and some hash oil that came from trim which I don't smoke. I mixed it with coconut oil 1:5 ratio and used a small spoon to fill OO caps. Super potent!
    [​IMG]

3. This should help... :) Remember to use clarified butter, and no water when you make your canna oil. Not only does a pure solvent work MUCH better, but it has much better storage ability, as well.

Remember that canna oil can last for months if jarred well and kept in a pantry or closet. :) You could always make a few doses at a time, as you need them. But I'll give you a few edible options that keep well, below.....

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

Edibles that keep well, with or without refrigeration;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(these will keep well even with cream, but using powdered milk and no water, or no milk at all, will help improve the time they'll last outside of a fridge)
    [​IMG]

Tinctures last ages, they can be flavored, and they're great just as they are. :)
    [​IMG]

(Jerky can last for up to two months, and up to three if you really trim off all the fat)
    [​IMG]

Remember that oven bags are great for storage too, not just cooking!.....

They don't ruin the taste of your food with a 'plastic' flavor, and they have very low porosity (they don't transfer smells from outside in, or inside out). I recommend using them for all edible purposes, not just jerky... and if for some reason you can't use jars, in a certain scenario, they are very useful for holding herb without odor transferal, as well. ;)

[​IMG]

From the sounds of it you want a sweet treat, so I'd go with chocolate bars, truffles, candy, or the tincture. Their recipes can be found in the above link I gave you. :)

Good luck!