Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible or vape for first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ninj, Jun 12, 2009.

1. So I'm planning on buying and using for the first time ever sometime this next week or so. I was planning on making a firecracker, because it's so easy, but I heard it can really knock you on your ass if you're not used to it.

So vaporizing is the next best option. Which should I do?

I found the youtube lightbulb vape video and had a question though. What's the second straw for? One is for vaping, what's the other for?

Thank you! :wave:

2. i've never used a vaporizer but i'd assume the second straw you are talking about is for inflow of air as you draw the hit through the other straw..

without it you couldn't pull the smoke in

no in-flow .... no out-flow

am i kinda helping? lol

3. Complete sense, thank you!

4. Just get some zig zags roll a joint or two. if you really like it head on down to your local head shop and buy a 50-60 glass bong (plastic can taste bad). If you do buy a bong I also highly recommend a grinder. Though if you have the money for a good vaporizer then buy one but read the reviews as I've read some really suck. one of the last two issues of high times tried like 10-15 different vapes and rated them all.

5. id avoid a fire cracker on your first night with the Ganj
    Buy some papers.
    Roll a little joint.
    Put on some music.
    And enjoy
    :hello:

_PEACE_
    Gossamer

6. dude for your first time you should take a couple hits off a gravity bong.. you will be very stoned and very satisFRIED haha gb's are the best man. all you need is a 2 liter bottle a bucket and a socket. look for tutorials on making a gb if you dont know how

7. First time i used the vapor tower, it smashed me! i couldn't figure out how i got places and i some how changed my clothes at some point and didn't even remember doing it. I still have no recollection as to what happend, but it was amazingggg!

I love the edibles though. i personally prefer the cookies, but the brownies will def knock you on your ass!

8. VAPORIZE !! although if you start with the best, in the future pipes bongs joints etc will probably be sucky to you.:(

9. I disagree, respectively. Got the vape, and loooooved it. Now, I can't even remember the last time i used it. I went back to using my bong and now i appreciate it. For some odd reason my vapor tower isn't working as well as it used to though. I used it about a couple of weeks ago a few times and realized this. I can't figure it out, so i'm continuing to use the bong.

10. well thats good..thats kinda what im worried about while contemplating the purchase of a vape. Cuz i got a few bongs and lots of glass pipes..

but i could see going back and smoking bong bowls and pipes and doobies an blunts..

more what i was saying is focused on the FIRST TIME part, cuz going from such a clean inhale, smooth hitz, and lack of smell/+health benefits..to a pipe could cause some people to put the glass away for ever. just my humble opinion..:wave:

11. yeah, vapes are also really expensive. the vapor tower is awesome though, and its not as expensive as the volcanoes. I just think its a hassle sometimes because you do have to let it heat, but besides that, it saves you herb and comes out clean.

say where are you from? (i noticed your mac dre signature)

12. Do you smoke cigarettes?

If you've got virgin lung something like a blunt, pipe, or bong is gonna fuck with your high for a few minutes. You just feel shitty for about 20 minutes, and "feeling shitty" sober is very different than "feeling shitty" high; when youre high you think your throat is being raped by satan's thorn-ed, flaming cock. Not to mention that first 20 minutes can be the best. But! If you ever plan on using those methods (which are pretty much the most common) you might as well get it out of the way.

No matter which method you use your first ride around the merry-go-round is gonna knock you on your ass. Your tolerance is at 0, you could walk through a cloud and get baked. I would say this: go to your friendly neighborhood stoner (or whichever one you have the best relationship with). Tell him/her (I highly recommend the later) that you want to try it. Offer some money, if their nice they wont take it this time around, let them set the hit up for you and just start sucking.

Im not very experienced, but I am experienced about inexperience.

13. The second hole is a carb, so you can clear the vapor. The first one you put your mouth on. Unless you've had smoke in your lungs before and your used to it, I'd make edible. guarantee to get you high.

14. Very well said.

Eating would also be a bad idea first time simply because of the time frame. If you find yourself not enjoying a smoke you got about 2 hours before you significantly mellow. If you dislike the high from eating you could be looking at an all day kinda thing.

Also keep in mind the high from a vape is a different kinda experiance and high.

Enjoy sir.

15. roll a joint! everybodys first time should be on a joint so you can work your way up.

16. and it's also a completely different high. Body highs are much more strange than vaping or smoking. Vaping is different from smoking, but it's a lot easier to transition into vaping from smoking than edibles. I eat edibles kinda often and they majorly fuck with me haha

17. my first hit was on a small metal pipe w/ some buddies, and i didn't really know what i was doing or how to hit it at the time.

your experiance/results may be better alone, it was for me. i could take the time to feel or taste the smoke in my throught.

i think pipe is still the easiest method for a beginner (least I feel that way in reguards to myself).

i never had smoked a cig in my life so felt a lil ackward puffin a joint my first time.

i guess the first time in any manner can be a bit different due to being something new..

cuz i'll say the same for a bong

...and prob be saying the same to vape when that arrives. :D

i have yet to try edibles...but lookin for some semi simple recipes (mainly for vape ash usage).

18. do not put all your duff into edibles! it will taste horrible! collect some shake, and make oil. You can use some of the duff (Vape ash) in the edibles, but i suggest not to use too much. What kind of vape did you get?

19. k good to know, thanks for that tip.

buddha. :hello:

20. Just after buying pb and graham crackers, my husband called to let me know he had just been laid off. No weed buying for me right now. :(