Edible effects

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ryanb96, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do. This is my second edible ever and it was 200mg thc a chewy bar. I ate the whole thing in 5 mins. Felt good but then started to feel as if I wasn’t breathing right. This was last night at 11pm and even today, I feel fine other than this feeling of not breathing right. Is this normal because of the amount I took?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. You're just psyching yourself out, you will be fine bro.

3. Is it normal though so still have this cause it’s just short of 24hours ago I took it mate? It’s almost like I can’t breathe right but I’m not struggling or anything

• Winner Winner x 1

4. Why would you eat 200mg in 1 go unless it tolerance was stupidly high... I wouldn't even take that much & I use edibles daily for chronic pain lol

You're just overthinking things & ur breathing is probably fine.. you can give yourself panic/anxiety attacks from focusing on your breathing/heart beat ect, I'd say that's what's going on with u :confused_2::laughing:

5. I tried half of it and then it tasted Superb so I ate the full thing, this is almost roughly a day after still feeling like this nightmare but at least it’s not something worry about, I’ll stick to the Capri suns after this

6. Just for reference, the recommended intake is 10mg to start then wait about 2 hours then take more depending on how you feel. It says it in almost every edible package you get. 200mg is an insane amount, even for seasoned tokers. Even 100mg is a lot.
    No worries, you just took way too much. Next time, start with a small amount like 10mg then work your way up. It can be a fun experience. And drink a lot of water.

7. thanks a lot mate, I didn’t realise that you weren’t suppose to take anywhere near that. Do you know how long it lasts? That’s been about 24 hours since I ate it all!

8. The higher you get = the longer it takes for the high to subside.
    Anyhow, if you took the right amount, by next morning you should be fine. I can't tell you how long it will last since it's different for every person, and I've never took that amount in one go before so I can't tell you from experience.
    But don't worry about it, you just took a lot. It'll just take a bit longer, but you'll be fine. Just drink lots of water and get plenty of rest.

9. Hey man, I'll copy and paste a response that I had to a similar thread below. Yes, it's absolutely how I feel if I take too much of my edibles. Chest feels "tight". Hard to breath. It's mostly in your mind. Cannabis has a way of amplifying any perception, so even if you have a bit of a stuffy nose or chest congestion, it's going to "feel" like your choking, struggling to breath, dying. Then panic sets in which in turn makes you feel worse. Etc.. It will definitely pass though.

Pasted response here:
    I can lend some support here.

I’ve greened out a couple of times. My last was two weekends ago. I made some new capsules and they were way more potent than usual. I took two around 6pm. Later that night , I was disassociating. I was sick. Spins. Panic attacks. It was the most terrible night I’ve had in a very long time.

after waking up the next day, I was still sick. We went to lunch around 11:30 and i couldn’t eat. Everything tasted odd. I was STILL disassociating.

by that evening , I was back to mostly normal. So for me, that was a mega dose. More than I’ve ever tried before (and I’ve puked and spun before). It was 24 hours.

All that to say that a week seems very long to me.

10. cheers mate, I’ll see how it is tomorrow! That’s been over 24hours easing off slight but still there, never again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. cheers mate, I appreciate that a lot, never felt that before still there after 24 hours but hopefully tomorrow it’s fine!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrassNwood, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Once again I had a "Close Encounter of the Cannabis Kind"
    3 of the newly made RSO caps at 4pm as I was still feeling a few pain twinges after my transplanting Cannabis adventures.

I was fine for a couple hours until just about exactly the last bite of the fabulous Del Taco dinner we were having. 6pm or so.

Suddenly Mr. Velvet Sledgehammer snuck up and Whacked me upside the bloody head to where it was lay down or fall down. I'm stoned off my ass and have the overwhelming urge to pee.

Even then I was OK. Keep thinking I just took a bit to much and it'll ease up in a while. NOPE, nada, Kept building and building and I reached that moment when you think I really misjudged the dose and I'm in serious trouble. And over riding it all was the urge to take a whizz. But I can't. It's just urge and it is really a pressing I'm going to pee myself URGE!

Vision went tunnel, Audio was way to loud, Skin had the crawlies, Hot flushed then freezing cold the next moment.
    I still need to PEE :)

Spins came on and I thought I was going to lose my dinner when the room started to get cranked up and I had to hold on as the damn planet tried it's best to throw me off.
    GOD let me just PEE !!

Now I really don't feel well. My belly hurts and I'm FUCKING Miserable and have been for 3 hours now. Keep biting my tongue and chanting to myself " I will NOT call 911 and report a Cannabis overdose. NOPE !!!"
    I still have to FUCKING PEE !!!

Somewhere around 1 am in flat out exhaustion I passed out and didn't wake till 6am.
    WHEW !!!!! Mother of God what a Ride.
    Damn I think this one gets moved up to the #1 slot of Wow did I ever misjudge that dose.
    I never did get to Pee.
    ==================================================
    The overwhelming urge to Pee is a side effect of the huge dose of RSO (300mg). The Hash capsules I also make don't have that little side effect. They just hammer the shit out of you. You'll be fine.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bnw has a catalogue of these stories :)

how you feeling today?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. that’s some story btw I’m still the same today is that normal? That’s coming up for 48 hours and I feel fine other than I don’t feel like I’m breathing right chest feels quite right, I’m new to this so I’m just making sure