Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible dosage question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ThePolishPuertoRican, Aug 4, 2015.

1. I don't eat edibles often. I bought a couple of 20 mg cookies at a music festival. (gathering of the vibes) so if I ate half of the cookie, would it be like having a less intense high as if it was a 10 mg edible OR would it be a shorter intense high? I ate a brownie for my first edible and it made me sick. Then my friend gave me this kiva chocolate. It was mint chocolate and it said extra potent or something and I really liked the high I got from it. So any advice?

2. Eating half of a 20mg edible would be like eating a 10mg edible. I think that is a good dosage for an occasional user. Good luck! :)

3. #3 Stayingcalm, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    Hahah no shit half of 20 would be like eating 10

<span style="background-color: #ffffff;">Please stay respectful - M369</span>

4. take after you name and stay calm. I'm new to edibles, so there's no need to be rude and facetious.

5. The answer is yes. I started with 5 mg and that was enough for me.

6. Hey Y'all!

This is my first post. I've been using weed for about 5 years, with a pretty high edible tolerance, and I just started making my own.

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with an idiot question. I'm very bad at math.

I bought a magical butter machine recently (which I LOVE btw) and started using it to make edibles. I always decarb, keep my ratios on point to try and be consistent, and follow the instructions. I have been using 14g of some great stuff (either Cali or CO). My most recent batch was with Blue Crush. I put in 14g to 3 sticks of butter, since the machine causes me to lose a bit somehow and I want enough for my recipe. The THC is around 15%, I'm guessing. Seems typical for my city.

I use a recipe I found that has A LOT of butter. It's a Paula Deen recipe, and yes, she is a horrible racist, but damn can that bitch cook. Here it is if anyone is interested. http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/ooey-gooey-chocol... IMO these are the best edibles I've ever had, and I used to be medical in Cali. You can't taste the weed at all, and they're so delicious that I tend to munch on them later and it's a struggle. :) Edibles make me gag normally, and I have choked down many a firecracker in my day. I finally couldn't do it anymore and had to get the machine.

I've been sharing them with my friends, and I want to make sure that everyone is safe, and want to recommend an accurate dose. The recipe uses 2 sticks of butter (one for the crust, one for the cake part). Can anyone help me with this math and see how many g or mg would be in each serving? I use a 13x9 inch baking pan, and cut them into either 8 giant squares or 12 good sized ones.

Thanks y'all! And sorry for my stupidity. :)