Economical Outdoor Grow UK - White Widow Auto, Auto Berry + Photoperiod Purple Afghan Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gorilla420x, Jul 12, 2017.

1. You seem to be doing well in what looks like a very small space. Question are they all going outdoors?

I'm not sure it's been mentioned but autos don't like to be transplanted so it always best to start them in there final pots. Just something worth considering for next time.

Good luck x

2. They will all be going outside other than the 2 purple Afghan kush will be going in an upgraded tent inside the wardrobe with a bit of a "narnia" extension.

I've read that but also spoke to others who have had great success and transplant autos exactly the same as they would photos's, so just gonna give it a go.

They are doing well but have their fair share of problems which I believe is something to do with the roots / the soil mix and maybe heat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. So much to learn and so many variables lol

Narnia......like that reference...will be interesting to see.

I did auto for my first grow and just planted straight into there final pots and my 2nd lot is photos which I have transplanted twice...found it more confusing with knowing when to water and stuff ha ha...

4. Get used to the weight of the pot, makes it very easy to know when to water or not.. Also as I recommended to another user, you can get a cheap soil moisture tester for around £5 which comes in very handy as you just poke it in and it shows how wet the soil is on a scale between dry - very moist.

My idea for narnia is a tent the same width and height as the wardrobe but double the deph, with a side "rack" / shelves to hide the back end, so when you open wardrobe you expect it to be small but it's like looking into narnia lol, can't wait to get it set up, gonna use a 400w in there for 1 MAYBE 2 plants non auto!

But yes it seems every plant and every grower is different, it's all about getting to know your girls as they are all different and unique in their own ways.

5. Sounds like fun.

One of my photos is a white widow. Such a lovely looking plant even though she got a bit of wind burn lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I topped 2 of them..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Topping seems to have gone well
    [​IMG]

And the rest looking ok ish, the leaf problems don't seem to be effecting them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one looking gorgeous
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stage 1 of LST

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And them all,
    [​IMG]

More pics coming soon.

9. You figured out what's causing that leaf issue....I'd be worried seeing all that yellow?

10. I'm pretty confident it's root issues.. the worst one isn't drinking a lot either.. The strange thing is it's not effecting growth on the other plants, they have even survived the topping like boss's and going through minor LST, no issues..
    If the problem persists when they go outdoors, I'll know it's not root problems as the soil is 100x better so will start looking into deficiencies and ph etc.

11. Update on topping / lst/ growth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Looking like the topping has worked good x

• Like Like x 1
  13. Been so busy with work, here's a video of latest update and they are OUTDOORS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking great x

• Like Like x 1
  15. Quick update while I have a bit of time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Getting much bigger, had a deer eat 4 of my plants I was furious ! Had to build a cage around them now to keep the remaining ones safe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the cage;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weather is very be in UK for next few days, so had to put my cover on them tonight.. Accidentally snapped one of the girls with 3 heads when shaking the water off, luckily it wasn't completely snapped - I had no tape on me so I tied it back up and secured it in place so hopefully she will heal.. If not I don't mind much as long as she doesn't turn hermi ! Sorry not too clear pictures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Pissing it down here and dark...it's like winter already and we haven't had a summer. Good luck with keeping the plant dry.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep, it's been raining all night and all day so far, I keep on top of the weather and knew if I didn't cover them they would be ruined.. So glad I went there, was a challenge getting into the plot and working on it in the dark and rain though lol!

I'm just pissed I snapped one of the heads when shaking it, hopefully my diy repair will fix her up but I'm concerned about it stressing her out in the flowering stage.

I'm more pissed about the deer / fox eating 4 of them though, I had the area surrounded in chicken wire too, the fucker must have jumped it! They can have fun now, I've caged it in 1.5m high chicken wire, with netting roof and pegged it all down and put soil at edges so no digging or any way for them to get in lol, was a relief last night getting under the shelter and having a 5min break from the rain and took the time to admire the buds, such an amazing fruity smell and the buds are really filling out now, don't think there's long left.. Maybe another month max!

19. Outside must be a challenge....harvest time is so good x

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quick update on the girls, the plot and the girls both surviving the storm with 65-75mph Gail force winds at times, the shelter is a life saver!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]