Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ecigs - A good alternative to smoking cigs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cannabiseffects, May 6, 2012.

1. Hi guys. I wonder if anyone here has ever tried e-cigs? I was told by a friend that they really do work and wanted to try them, so I placed an order at Why Mild? - Electronic Cigarette, e-Cigs and Mild Electronic cigarettes purchase from the UK.. I have tried one earlier and they seem quite effective, but will this be short-lived? One of the main reasons I am trying to quit smoking cigs is because of the crazy prices, it costs about £7,50 for a pack of 20 which is far to much.

At evaporizer.co.uk I got one pack for £50 which I can use over 300 times, so it will work out much cheaper if I can cut down or quit smoking.

I wonder if any of you guys use them and if they work long-term?
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

2. its still full of nicotine so no it wont help you if you are addicted aready. no you may not get lung cancer now but the nicotine will tear your heart to shreds in the long term. just quit man dont look for an easy way out

3. I didn't realise they had nicotine in!

4. right from the front page of your link. lol:

How does Electronic Cigarette work?

The way it works is simple. Each electronic cigarette or “e-vaporizer” has a battery powered atomizer and a cartridge filled with a liquid nicotine solution. When the user inhales, a pressure- activated switch turns on a mini heating element and produces a vapour that looks like smoke.

5. I still think they will help me cut down and save me money. I hope so anyway.

6. They have nicotine but they're great. Smooth and they taste good. No "FSC" and so on, haha.

7. They cost more than normal cigs... my parents tried them, usually only 1/5th of the advertised hits inside of them.

8. Switch cig for joints and your good man :)

9. Do your research, I don't own one but I've "smoked" really cheap and horrible e-cigs, and amazing ones. And price ranges from 15 bucks to like 100+, plus I've found different styles may or may not be as adaptable and have a wide enough selection to keep you interested.

However the flavor in good ones is phenomenal, I love when a drunk friend of mine will hand me one and I just get to puff away for five minutes or so. This can't really replace daily smoking. If your a daily weed smoker you just can't switch to vaping and be content, at least not in my experience. The act of smoking itself is almost as fun as the in your face, "grungy" high when you burn a substance for it's cerebral effects.

No, these things are more for people who can't get outside to smoke or aren't daily smokers but don't mind "puffing" on something tasty, especially on the weekends when you have a drink and while you may be talking, something to occupy your body can help tremendously. Plus a nicotine buzz just feels amazing when you don't smoke daily. :)

I still have a lot more I want to research about these things though. ^^

10. #10 97LScoupe, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    [quote name='"frankenfish"']its still full of nicotine so no it wont help you if you are addicted aready. no you may not get lung cancer now but the nicotine will tear your heart to shreds in the long term. just quit man dont look for an easy way out[/quote]

Nicotine is no harsher than caffine..

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-NDpCA&usg=AFQjCNFaawXZ7bpyq3DLxBcAIWLcmrl9hw

^^ pretty interesting...fda allows real cigs with 4000+ chemicals but claims e cigs are not safe because there is no way to regulate the nicotine, however they DO have smart chips in them that turn them off if you puff more than 16 times in a minute.