EC question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PropheCy604, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Hi!

I would like to know something. I found a growing guide and they say to don't go over 0.75 EC. They use osmosis water (I think this water is 0.0 EC or 0 PPM).

My question is...

If my water is 0.25 EC do I use 0.75 EC of nutes ?

or

I use 0.50 EC of nutes ?

The water nutriments are enough to cause over fertilising?

Thx guys!

bye :smoking::smoking:

2. I wonder what grow guide you were reading and was it a specific stage of the plants life it said never to go over 0.75

Depending on the conversion factor for the meter that cold be between 366 and 500 PPM, that's not a lot for a fully mature plant for sure.

Anyhow if your water is .25 and you add .50 of nutrients then its total EC is .75 You don't know what the .25 of the tap water is so IMO you take it into consideration, some growers don't.

My EC during the onset of flowering is 1.6ms and on the odd occasion 2.0ms. That's using tap water with EC 0.51ms

3. whatever your reading needs to be stopped reading. Your making something simple into Rocket Science.

simply mix your nutes according to your schedule and test your water... EC is directly propotional to PPM. Actually the meter is reading the waters EC and converting that to PPM.

LIke MaxIIMax said .75EC is very low for a full grown plant not to mention one in flowering.

Follow your schedule and work with PPM as PPM is directly calculated from EC . YOur nutrient schedule should give you the correct PPM for each stage of the plants life.

4. I say go one step further, use your feed chart as a guide only, you have a meter use it. If the plant wants higher nute level it will tell you just by monitoring the water. If your reading drops from your previous reading increase your nute level, if it is the same keep the level the same and if it goes up you need to lower your level or burn your plant.

5. Its the mike method from Mandala Seeds.
    http://forum.cannabis-seeds.cc/index.php?showtopic=2000

How to convert PPM into EC?

Chimera, I'm not hydro. So monitoring the water is not a good way! :)

In fact, I just want to discover why my plant react to 1/4 of the full strenght.