ebb & flow question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by calinycgrow, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Im switching my drip system to ebb & flow i just have one question. I have a 20 gal res per 4x4 tray. Is 20 gal a big enough res to flood a 4x4 tray?

2. More than enough, you only want it to flood about an inch, maybe a little more so do the math.

48W x 48L x10H = tray volume in cubic inches

Since you only need it to fill up 1 inch its 48 x 48 x 1 = 2304 cubic inches

Your res, if it holds 20 gallons, is 4620 cubic inches so you should be set if you fill it over half way.

One question, why are you switching?

3. yes its enough. I have that same setup in my sig for my current grow

4. I've been running drip for about 2 years and I've always had problems w/ drippers getting clogged and then I dont realize it until the plant starts wilting. With Ebb & flow I don't have to deal w/ an irrigation system

5. that's because you don't tend to your garden like your suppose to and its very easy to un clog. All you need is a small nail and 5 minutes.

6. i still wouldn't feel safe with that. i check mine compulsively, but i would rather have a system that works consistently.

7. my drip system hardly ever clogs and we check our garden daily almost. why wouldn't you double check to make sure everything is working? But anyway im starting to think its just laziness. So forget the argument.

8. Who the F*ck are you? If I had the time to check every dripper every day I might as well handwater. Some people have other schedules like work and school and can't spend 3 hrs in the garden everyday. So if you want to be a douchebag go somewhere else. People use this forum to post their questions and get help, not to be called out by some douche like yourself

9. Is this the smoking sec. now.:rolleyes:

10. /agree

What's wrong with wanting to use a system with less room for error and that is less work? IMHO it would be stupid to do more work just for the sake of doing more work.

o/
    Tieme