Ebb & Flow Question regarding the fittings...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by chillmode, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    I purchased Ebb & Flow fittings and after I installed the fittings in my tray, I noticed that below the tray, one has a bigger opening than the other. The question that I have is...

    Which one should be the fill and which one should be the drain?

    based on what I know, one of the fittings has a 1/2" nipple for a hose, and the other fitting is about twice as big for a bigger hose i assume.

    I assumed the 1/2" is the Fill... so the bigger drain can drain when the tray is full to the drain's highest point... that way there is no overflow.

    I'm so confused. Can anyone help me out?

  2. You are right. The larger fitting (probably 3/4") is the drain. You want the drain to be larger for exactly the reason you stated. Pumping in from the 3/4" and draining from the 1/2" would cause overflow, depending on the GPM's of your pump.
  3. Didnt mean to delete that last post. Anyway, I second that. Drain is bigger.
  4. Thank you all! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

    I'm so happy I came across this Forum.
  5. you definately want the bigger one to be the drain, lol simple things like that can make a huge mess. Wish this site was up when I was first starting out!

Share This Page