Ebb+Flow Flood Schedule coco/perlite/hydroton?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by worstdayever, Feb 27, 2017.

1. #1 worstdayever, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Been looking for weeks for a proper flood schedule for an ebb+flow setup. Im using 5.5" pots. The bottom inch is hydroton, then a couple inches of 50/50 coco and perlite with the plants root "cube" buried inside. The bottoms of the pots are lined with coffee filters. Iv been flooding for 15m every 2 hours during lights on, but i think that sounds like too much. Should i back it off a few waterings since the coco and root cube retain water?

Thanks for any and all help.

2. Well your pots sound kinda small, but chances are you could flood cycle less often.
    Move up to every 4 hrs. If the medium is still fairly moist after 4 hrs, move to every 6 hrs.
    I use 10" net pots and straight hydroton in a 3x3 table. I fill the table around the net pots with grow rocks for more medium for roots to grow into as well as retaining moisture.
    I flood every 6 hrs.

If your plants are growing well, they don't mind the cycle they're on. If growth is slow and plants show signs of overwatering conditions, then you need to back off on flooding so the roots can get more oxygen.