Ebb and Flow Drainage

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DT4, Jan 4, 2013.

1. A few days ago I tilted my table back a little bit (1/4") to get a little more water and nutes to the plants in the far corner (a few of them, especially in that corner, seem to be lagging behind the others and I suspect it may have been because it took the roots a little longer to develop). But now there is more standing water in the table after a drain, probably about an 1/8". I'm not sure how far across the table the puddle stretches but this is really bad for my roots, right? I want them all to drain as much as possible or is this little puddle going to be ok? Some of the plants sit right in it all day and night.

2. Roots soaking in standing water is not good. Find a way to angle the tray so it drains properly. Doesn't your tray have grooves?

3. Yeah, I wound up tilting it back to it's original position and it's draining well again. I built my own table, so no, it's just a flat bottom, square table with one corner sitting a little low so everything drains into that corner.

Do you ever notice that plants in the lower end of the water develop slower than the others?