eBay Reverse Osmosis System

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by spiderface, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hello All,

I'm looking at eBay for my RO system needs. I'm looking at this system (pic relevant) for half the price of the Stealth RO 100 System from Hydro Logic:

Generic eBay RO System

What I'd like to do is run a garden hose from my kitchen sink, to an 18gal Rubbermaid home made res. This would run into the RO system which would outlet to two other smaller rubbermaids (RO water, and waste water). I have a couple questions for you dumpsters and growers.

1) The Hydrologic unit comes with a garden hose adapter that I would use to plug into my kitchen sink. I'm sure that I could get something similar at Home Depot, no?

2) The eBay unit comes with a 4gallon tank (imo worthless and i'll prolly try to resell). I'm good with pipes, fittings and grommets. Will I have a difficult time fitting this RO sytstem to my Rubbermaid bins?

3) Will I need a water pump to take the water from my initial Rubbermaid into the RO system, or will the RO system suck water into it (I've never used one). Should I just input my kitchen sink direcly into the RO system and have it output to the two output bins? If that's not an option, if I position my initial 18gal bin above my ro system, will gravity be enough to pump the water through the RO system?

4) How easy is it to find replacement filters for this system?

Thanks much!

2. 1. yes u can

4. pretty easy but costly.

3. Excellent thank ya. Still hopin for more info.