Ebay pc tower

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by RichardM87, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Massive ripoff.

2. ohh ok thanks can you give me idea how to build 1 and supplies?

3. how is that a massive rip off? just checking...
    looked like a solid product to me, seems like he has great feedback

4. I would say he means that it's a massive ripoff in the sense that the price is around 3-4 times what it would cost you to buy the parts yourself, and it involves minimal assembly work.

In short, you are paying the guy around 200$ over the cost of the parts for something you could have put together in an hour or so of your time, and that's before you even get to the overpriced shipping.

5. Well would anyone else be willing to put something together for cheaper :hello: haha thats my real question

6. absolute massive ripoff, you could get the same parts for under 100$, i'd use a cabinet instead of a pc tower, you can get it a little bigger. also if it's a first time growing i would go with soil first. you need a ph meter and a ppm meter for hydroponics if you don't want to screw things up.

7. Hell, I'd do it for $250, and only charge you the actual shipping costs. Save you about $75 in total and I'd still feel like I was overcharging you.

:smoke:

8. haha would you feel odd if i held you to that

9. Not really, I used to build custom computers for people all the time, this one would just have some more interesting internal hardware. :smoking:

I mean, if you really wanted to do it, I could probably improve on a few of the components he has used and still keep it at $250. Some things that could use improvement would be an air pump with two outputs so your roots don't die if one of the stones clogs, ceramic airstones that won't crumble after sitting in the nutrients for a couple of months, and a few other little things that would save you a lot of headaches.

10. lol I gotcha for 200$ no joke. Even at that price it's a tidy bit of profit for me.
    If this wasn't an internet forum that's definitly being watched by our fucking awsome goverment I would be gladly build you one. However if your up to building your own I could help you build yourself one for under 100$ easily.