EBay LED units for Autos?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Macgyver1978, Nov 2, 2018.

1. E22B5B3A-B982-4E70-A0D5-E87CBAA25EB6.jpeg 5DD51EBB-EC49-4EFC-9126-26CC1BCEC163.jpeg 13B1B810-4A1D-4605-B9BD-9F636F80EBD2.jpeg E22B5B3A-B982-4E70-A0D5-E87CBAA25EB6.jpeg B2AAC7F2-3234-4DE5-8EB8-B2A943F64A62.jpeg I bought two of these (claimed 1200w equiv) LED grow lights on EBay ($62ea); thought I seriously doubt the claimed output, I’m also planning to add a pair of 2-bulb 48” T5HO fixtures (6500k bulbs) to the new aluminum grow box I’m building...

Anyway, I’m curious if anyone else has tried this type of light for growing a couple autos (Dwarf Lowflier and Lambs Bread AF). With BOTH lights on and a seed warming mat, I’m seeing 0.87-0.91 amps draw! That’s quite efficient if they actually allow the plants to grow/bud...

Any other members with experience with these “Full spectrum” units from EBay? I’m hoping that they’ve adequate for this “first attempt”.

-MAC-

2. These may have 1000 "equivalent" watts but the true wattage is what it pulls from the wall. It can't create more than it takes.

Keep that in mind when looking at LEDs

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. I am growing 2 autos using 2 cheap UFO LED lights. Growth is great and one is in flower. So far so good, I am looking into getting these LED panels. Maybe a 600watt mars hydro. I grow for fun, i can get bud cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. And if someone replies "don't buy those, they suck!" Are you going to send them back?

My point is, shouldn't one ask / research first, than buy?

Even if you provided a manufacturer name and unit model number, I doubt it would help much as far as actual TRUE specifications.

That said, someone might recognise them and help you out with how well they work (or don't)

Most these Chinese blurple LED's are stating misleading specifications.

I'm not saying those lights are bad. I've never owned one. How would I know. I'm simply stating that it's always wise to research before you buy.

Good luck and happy growing!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

5. Thanks all;

Indeed, the “order of operations” was a bit backwards (buying then researching here). As a beginner at growing anything indoors, I mistakenly assumed most “grow lights” would grow things. Thankfully they appear to work reasonably well; at least with my first 10” tall dwarf autos. Despite NUMEROUS newb mistakes, I still netted 1/2oz per plant after curing. I suspect the next batch will be double that, as I have learned lots with the first grow.

Thanks everyone!

-MAC-

6. Well, that's good news. At least they work and you didn't waste your money

Happy growing!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. There's no reason you can't add new lights into mix, no rules against running both together.

If you're happy with your yields then you're already set, don't stress over it.

• Like Like x 1

8. Thanks;

I’ve added two additional fixtures to the cabinet for my current grow. In my 36” x 48” cabinet, there’s three “eBay LED” arrays and TWO 48” dual bulb t5 HO fixtures with 6500k aquarium bulbs. We shall see how this compares to the last yields, as I’ve got the same seeds as last time.

-MAC-

9. Just remember that different lights throw off different heat levels, so you may not be able to hang all of them at the same distance.