Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by KrakenRider, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Alright so I know you can consume thc when you cook with canabutter like with brownies or whatever. I was watching weed country on discovery channel and this guy just ate his buds straight up no smoking no cooking he just eats the bud. Have you guys done this does it work?

2. No, that does not work. what a waste of bud.

3. Yes it does, believe me. Back when I was in high school I had about 1.5 gs of some reggie & had nothing to smoke out of at the time. So I chewed it up on some bread before I caught the bus--I've never been more high in my life, and I was high for hours.

4. It's just much less efficient than when you cook it so it's kind of a waste.

5. I have with a wide range of results.
    Possible considerations - how much natural activation of the weed (thca to thc) has taken place before consumption? what is in your stomach that may act as a catalyst (fats) or as a deterant/buffer? How good is the weed? personal tolerance? Personal metabolism.

I didn't try eating raw herb until I was about 50 (56 now) and a coworker suggested it. I tend to have scrap bags of old weed which has probably naturally activated over time and is possibly on the decline. This usually gives me a very mellow sedative like buzz, that can last for quite some time. It may be chemical properties other than thc that I have felt.
    On a few occasions I have gotten very stoned, on others just annoyed that not much happened. I should also say that I smoke and eat weed infrequently these days and my tolerance is near zero, If I were still in a competitive smoking phase of years gone by the sensations I get would be just an annoyance and a waste of weed.

The best bang for the buck is BKSs canna coconut oil, at my zero tolerance level it takes very little to give me a very pleasant buzz that last for hours and a little too much and I am on the floor for while.

6. Its called the placebo effect. You gotta activate the THC. Eating does not work.

7. Eating raw cannabis cannot get a person high, its impossible. It must be heated, or frozen to a certain temperature in order for the THC and other chemicals to become psychoactive.

8. This is all good to know. My grandma was freaking out last night thinking her dog ate some of my weed or ashes from my weed on the ground.

9. #9 potfiend, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    Heat speeds the process and is more reliable for a consistent result for this like cooking or tinctures, but activation does occur over time at room temperature, that is why I made this statement "I tend to have scrap bags of old weed which has probably naturally activated over time and is possibly on the decline."

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2794.html

placebo - I'm sure you gat an a in spelling and word comprehension, but your decarboxylation homework is incomplete.

10. yeah it does work but you need to eat a massive amount. it's a waste

11. Every time I read of someone eating weed it makes me want to bang my head off the keyboard..

12. I suppose you could get high if you ate massive amounts, but what would be the point in this? You're better off preparing it into a proper edible - tastes a hell of a lot better and actually gets you high.

13. eating it raw might not get you high, but it is good for you

14. I mean it tastes crazy, like chewing on stems and stuff

15. Eating bud will definitely not get you high. You have to get weed burning to release any THC and other cannabinols. However, some people eat bud because it will still release CBD because it helps for pain relief without the high.

16. You absorb about 6 times more cbds eating dried bud rather than smoking it.

17. Thca is converted/activated into thc via heat or at room temperature in low humidity.

18. The weed country documentary is a little misleading. The ex cop that eats the marijuana is doing so for medical benefit. He is not trying to get high, nor does he state that eating it gets him high. There are a range of cannabinoids in marijuana which can be absorbed raw through the digestive system and are very helpful medicinally

19. I am aware of the science behind it, but dude...

The first time I got high, I ate less than a quarter of an ounce of raw bud and I got fucking BLITZED.

BLITZED.

This was NOT a placebo effect - I can guarantee it. To this day (20 years later), I have NEVER been that high.

20. I've never heard of it and its never happened to me but who am I to say it can't happen! As long as you are getting stoned haha