Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Weed Every Day = Bad?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GoddessofAwesom, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hmm it should be fine, that's strange. thc dilates the bronchial passages to your lungs, and vaporizing does not produce smoke, it literally produces a vapor which contains thc and only the tiniest bit of harmful material..

2. ^^^^^

Mhm. That's what I was thinking.

3. Well I just know that since I stopped putting anything foreign into my lungs (besides my inhalation medications) I can breathe MUCH better. I totally believe that vaporizers work for most people but I just have far too many factors working against me.

Plus this way I am getting tons of edibles for ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! :hello:

4. I can't imagine why. It's a plant. Would eating broccoli everyday hurt you?

5. smoking weed is good for asthma, go to the apprentice forum and click on research and studies

6. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. I know that THC relaxes the bronchial passageways ... I smoke weed. However the build up in my lungs and resultant coughing ... come on. No one in this forum can say that inhalation the crude combustion products of a dried plant is good for their respiratory system. It FEELS like it's good for you because you are relaxed and can breathe better. But once you aren't high anymore the effects wear off. And then you are left with worse lungs.

I don't mean to say that you are stupid but common medical sense would suggest to me that something which puts smoke into your lungs is bad for someone who has bad lungs already. That is not to say that THC isn't good for asthmatics. I know for a fact that when I eat THC my body and thus my lungs relax. But combustion smoking can't be good.

7. like i said, go to the apprentice tokers forum and click on the research and studies thread and see for yourself, and take in mind that these experiments were performed by acualy hospitals and organizations ad are not just thearies or opions like the ones expressed in your post, thank you and hava nice day:cool:

8. ive read around that the little LEAVES on the bud have many very tiny prickly thorns (or something like that). they're so small that grinding wont help. Ive heard they can be uncomfortable or whatever.

The only think i can think of is to get cooking and make THC rich oils and such. Alot of other people have suggested that already though.

anyway, hope this helps.

This post was 76% sober writing.

9. Scientific studies must be read with some understanding of the scientific method and statistics. You couldn't have actually read most of the studies listed there as the full text is available only at a fee. Regardless, what the study you can read actually says is that when tested a sample of only 10 asthmatics were found to exhibit bronchodilation from smoked marijuana and that the difference in dilation between mj and placebo was statistically significant. Statistical significance does not imply causality and a sample size that small can't reliably infer anything about the population at large. This same study set out to discover whether or not the positive effects of smoked mj on asthma patients outweighed the negative bronchitis-like effects of chronic use. In other words, they acknowledged that smoking weed is, in some ways, bad for your lungs as well as good. You need to be more careful with science... we all know politicians and government organizations that twist scientific statistics to say whatever supports their agenda... DEA hint hint. If even vaped weed is upsetting GOA's asthma it might have something to do with this:
    "Because only the acute effects of marijuana smoking on airway dynamics in subjects with bronchospastic disease were studied, the results did not preclude the possibility of an aggravation of existing bronchial pathology secondary to chronic marijuana smoking in these same persons. Furthermore, the profound psychotropic effect of marijuana and delta-9-THC, in addition to such side effects as tachycardia and the atropine-like drying effect, might severely limit any clinical therapeutic usefulness."

10. green speckled shits:laughing:

11. lol, so, Humans cannot digest plants? Are you serious? Maybe you got salmonella from the peanutbutter, man sometimes you eat shit that makes your stomach hurt, after consuming mcdonalds I feel like I'm going to die afterwards. Atleast eating that gets you stoned.

12. if it is true that you are what you eat, post pix when you start budding.

13. Hahaha if that were true I would start eating all KINDS of stuff. Like vibrators or gold! Or golden vibrators filled with weed!! Srsly all you'd have to do is eat an eighth and then it's neverending smoke time. w00tw00t.

14. I'm pretty sure he is serious because it is a true fact lol. Humans can't digest plant material. You're just misunderstood. Allow me to enlighten you.

Humans can digest a lot of the nutrients in plants (like THC and cannabinoids in Cannabis) but we can't actually digest the plant material that those nutrients were in. So instead of taking plant material that has no nutrients left into our body we shit it out. In some people this can cause discomfort. It's the same with a lot of the foods that we eat. Ever wonder why shit is brown? haha

15. shit is brown because the two type of bacteria that you keep in your intestines are red and green

they mix
    you get brown

dont misinform, please

16. DUDE, whats hydrochloric acid?? Today in chemistry i mixed it with some copper and put it in jar with water. it evaporated all the water and made a gas. Then my lab teacher told me if you sniff th gas you get high!! So, I did!!! i got a good beer buzz, weird sort of feeling for like 5 minutes. i did it but didnt ask my lab teacher what are the consequences... So im wondering what happens to you if you sniff hydrochloric acid and get high?

please reply if you know the anwser...im so fucking curious.

:eek: STAY HIGH :eek:

17. #37 bachrock, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Thanks a lot for that recipe. I'll have to try it. How many people is it intended for? I'll optimistically guess 4 crackers for 1 person would get them blazed while 2 would probably just get them high?

18. Your tolerance will most likely shoot through the cieling, but other than that I don't know of any adverse side-effects from eating it frequently.

19. Well, it could be good to give your liver a break every once in a while...

20. It probably is the plant matter but it probably isnt bad for you because, I dunno if this has been said already, you can't possibly OD or injure your body by ingesting marijuana, ODing by eating weed is simply a very trippy high. Compare this to eating 10 raw potatoes which will poison you.