Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

eating stems and seeds

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by UndercityHero, Feb 4, 2010.

1. does anyone here on GC eat your stems and seeds when publicly smoking???? i have good points: it gets rid of evidence and its healthy...plus i dont know about yall but i like the taste

2. Rooooooffffllllll! Haha, the imagery of that is great- crunchin down on them seeds..might as well make some mj popcorn :p

Seriously though, I like to chew on the odd stem when i'm rolling a J or blunt.. it gets the flavor in my mouth and makes me all excited about smokin. I've never chewed on them while smoking though~ I feel like i'm paying way more attention to inhalin the highness than chewing on somthin. Although..jolly ranchers make a sick-nasty :)hello:) smoking item...but you don't exactly chew them lol

Haha where did you get the nutrition facts for cannabis stems n seeds (that its healthy)?

W/e floats ya boat or finds ya lost remote...blaze on!:smoking:

3. lol no reliable source just sayin it should ahve some nutrition and i dont mean chewing while u smoke just chewing during the process of breaking up and packing/rolling.

4. yeahhh thats gross

5. This sounds neat, I'll have to buy some au naturale since I typically only buy buds, neat though to know that people out there openly do that haha.

6. well i know lots of people that "chew" stems to get the flavor or the taste of whats to come while i bust up, and i did see a dude eat a seed once. but no. i wont do either, dont like chewing stems and eating seeds just seems like retarted. all you tho bro.

7. #7 longtimetoker12, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    ok... this is now my favorite thread on grasscity, i saved all my stems over the summer and put them in a jar i have been out of weed for 4 days now read this thread and remembered about my jar!

*running around trying to remember where i put my jar*

EDIT: love this thread, i have yet to find my jar, found nug i forgot about, smoking that now then i will keif my stems and smoke that too.

8. When I was smoking mids I would all the time. I'd even eat the seeds too and 'business' partner would laugh every time i scooped up a lil pile and crunched em. I didn't care tho...to each their own, right? Now I only smoke headies so I just get a tasty stem if I buy the zip (which is hardly ever).

9. yuk stems, lol, I only smoke the buds, I throw that sh17 out. Like you said though, to each their own

10. the seeds are full of essential oils, that ur body makes use of, called omega 3's 6's and 9's
    also found in seaweed and salmon.
    stems on the other hand, i wouldnt eat.
    weed popcorn?
    i dont know if anyone else knows this but you can freeze a bag of popcorn before you nuke it.
    this will ensure all kernels pop
    ive never tried it with canna seeds tho.
    give it a shot! let us know!

11. No I have never fuckin done that, are you kidding me? lmao

12. Hey man if you like it I'm no one to judge. More power to you. The only thing I would worry about is ingesting pesticides.

13. i dont use pesticides when i grow my bud and thats really all i smoke cuz i HATE paying someone else for weed that i couldve grown my damn self

14. I can see value in munching on the seeds. Why not save a bunch and roast them like you would a nut. I have heard of people flavoring, roasting, and eating the seeds. Since I am a pretty good cook--I suggest tossing the seed in a bit of olive oil then sprinkle with kosher salt. Preheat a skillet--medium/low heat, put seeds in and stir or swirl in pan to avoid burning. Do not walk away or they will burn fast. I would say this would take less than 4-5 minutes. You could probably sprinkle any kind of seasoning (garlic powder, chili powder...whatever you like) on them after they are done roasting.

15. Haha fuck yeah dude. Its worth a shot at any rate.

16. I chew on stems because it kinda makes my tongue numb, but no, I don't eat them

17. I chew on and sometimes eat stems while im setting everything up. But it never crossed my mind to eat the seeds hmm

18. I love chewing on stems when I'm grinding up some herb to roll. Love the flavor :)

19. lmfao eat them stems bro!

20. eat the seeds! TONS of protien