Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeedIsYummy, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Would it get you high? Because technically hasn't the THC been activated by heat already? Like if I were to continually scrape resin off my pipe for a week or so an eat it what effects would it have..?

2. I don't know if it would get you high but it would taste like absolute shit!

3. No..just...no..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1gEeg6cclc]ã€ÂForum Weaponã€â€˜ The list of things I've heard now contains everything! - YouTube[/ame]

4. Someone recently made a thread "why eating resin is cool." Or something along those lines. He claimed it works and gets you high. I believe he out the resin in pill capsules though, to avoid the disgusting taste.

5. The thing about eating resin raw, or cannabis raw, is that glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to break down and absorb.

While you can still get high eating raw cannabis/resin, it really depends on many factors, such as how decarbed it is, how low one's tolerance is, the amount of fat that is still in your stomach from previous meals and the types of fats that have been taken in, the bodys ability to mix the oils/fats with the cannabis that you ingested in time for it to be carried into cells before being too broken down and passed through your system, ect.

Given all the right circumstances, you can get high, but there are too many factors for it to be reliable.

If you process the material in an appropriate fat source, MCT and coconut oil are great carriers for the cannabinoids and are readily absorbed by the body, and apply heat long enough and at the right temperature to break down the glandular material and attach it to the oil without degrading the potency of the cannabinoids, you will get high, guaranteed (tolerance must also be considered).

6. Yeah bro do it!

7. You Won't! You Wont!

8. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']The thing about eating resin raw, or cannabis raw, is that glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to break down and absorb.

While you can still get high eating raw cannabis/resin, it really depends on many factors, such as how decarbed it is, how low one's tolerance is, the amount of fat that is still in your stomach from previous meals and the types of fats that have been taken in, the bodys ability to mix the oils/fats with the cannabis that you ingested in time for it to be carried into cells before being too broken down and passed through your system, ect.

Given all the right circumstances, you can get high, but there are too many factors for it to be reliable.

If you process the material in an appropriate fat source, MCT and coconut oil are great carriers for the cannabinoids and are readily absorbed by the body, and apply heat long enough and at the right temperature to break down the glandular material and attach it to the oil without degrading the potency of the cannabinoids, you will get high, guaranteed (tolerance must also be considered).[/quote]

So would gathering resin and then putting it in a jar of Tupperware with some PeanutButter and microwaving/stirring every 30 seconds for about 3 minutes work?

Also, is scraping it off with a paper clip the most effective way to get it out or no?

9. No. Peanut butter is not a suitable oil source to use for any cannabis recipes. It works. But it's very limited. And works much better when cooked in an oven.

The microwave is an awful form of applying heat. Especially to cannabis. it will distribute it very unevenly, barely cooking some spots, and superheating other spots, destroying potency.

You wanna be able to apply a heat that is low enough and controlled for a long enough period of time for it to dissolve in the oil source and become bioavailable for your body to digest, but not so much time that the cannabinoids degrade or not so much heat that they will be degraded too quickly.

Long story short, never use the microwave, Stick to the oven. And try a better oil source than peanut butter if possible.

10. You're eating tar, think about that shit dog.

11. im just imagining chewing on that shit over and over and it getting in your teeth... more foul than a farm bird nikkah

12. The title of the thread is enough to make me nauseous.
    Please don't consider actually doing this.

13. [quote name='"JaysForDays"']You're eating tar, think about that shit dog.[/quote]

It's the same stuff that ended up in your lungs when you smoked the weed.

Resin isn't this selective means of removing the inert plant material. It's the hot smoke condensing onto the relatively cold glass. It then goes from gaseous to liquid. Resin is just the 5% of the total smoke volume that was closest to the glass. The rest of it went into your lungs.

14. Hahahahaha alright now OP stop trolling.

15. Can you imagine chewing on it though?
    :eek:

16. Raw, no. Inside a capsule, you wouldn't taste a thing though. Cooked in an oil source, you'd have no idea it was resin that was made with it.

People just have this view of resin though, that it's pure tar, carcinogenic, ect. It's condensed smoke. All that resin you build up in your pipe is only a small portion of what probably condensed in your lungs to begin with.

17. I always wondered how much better I could breathe if I could scrape my lungs once in awhile.

18. [quote name='"LeroyDankins"']I always wondered how much better I could breathe if I could scrape my lungs once in awhile.[/quote]

Good thing coughing is literally exactly as you desire.

19. Well ain't that something?
    Thanks for your insight Doc. :smoke:

20. No problem Mr. Dankins. I'm here to inform :D