Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating QWISO straight?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by willdavis, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Eating QWISO will get you as high as eating straight weed. It still needs to be activated with heat, either by cooking or smoking/vaping. QWISO is simply a way to collect and concentrate the THC, not activate it.

2. would placing it in the over for a certain amount of time at a certain temp cause me to get high off it?

by eating it of course

3. Simply heating up the QWISO will burn off or ruin a lot of the resin. You might end up with some edible activated QWISO, but will be much more of a waste than you realize.

If you want to eat your herb, make cannabutter, firecrackers, THC pills, etc. You can even cook with QWISO. But I advise against simply eating straight QWISO; there are more effective and efficient ways to make use of it.

Lots of good reading material (most of the questions in this thread can be answered in the stickies) in the Incredible, Edible Herb section.

4. #44 SIRSOG, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol if you heat it 220 you aren't risking anything... they don't evaporate until within the 300 range. And making meals isn't always easy, with decarbed oil you can literally just eat a dab and get high as hell. Say for instance you were eating cereal for bfast lol, can't really infuse cereal....

5. Two words: Enzyme activity

with the right enzymes induced you'll get lots lots of THC converted into the 4x stronger hydroxylation of THC, while about 50% of the rest of the THC will still be carboxylated into inactives by your liver. This is why first pass metabolism can give great highs, or be a big miss. Experiment with different teas that induce and inhibit cyp3a4 and cyp2c9.

If you don't want to bother timing doses and working with either teas or any other natural ingredients like curry or tumeric or something then just infuse the QWISO into oil with heat and your liver won't get to play such a large role, neither will it be able to dispense the cannabinoids quickly, so the duration is greatly increased while the intensity is severely diminished. This is GI tract absorption instead of liver dispensation

6. I am not sure why you keep posting about rubbing alcohol. :rolleyes:

There is a reason every credible QWISO recipe states to use 91% to 99% Isopropyl alcohol. Never ever use rubbing alcohol. :smoke:

7. ummm.... then please explain to me how green dragon works? haha try that shit bro, its an alcohol tincture that will rape you with highness. :rolleyes:

8. If it was decarboxylated bud being used to make it, it would make you 100x higher... ive made GD with just bud and let it sit in the everclear for months and it got me pretty fucking stoned....

I also took some bud, decarboxylated it, and threw it in some everclear, less than a week later i drank a bit and it destroyed me hahaha....

or you can just make some hash oil, quickly decarb it, throw a dab or 2 into a shot of everclear, and get high as a fucking kite

9. how come the iso wouldnt activate the thc just like the alcohol in green dragon does? i've been curious about this since i started researching qwiso.

10. Its not the alcohol doing the activating really.... to be activated the THC molecule found most present in cannabis ([delta -9]Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid), loses a carbon molecule and becomes (delta-9)Tetrahydrocannabinol, the "activated" molecule.... This is generally done, by heating it to the approx. temp it takes to evaporate water (220 F).... Im not sure at ALL why it does.... but through dehydration(the alcohol im assuming slowly removes the water from the bud as it separates... i honestly dont know), or heating you can activate it.... so when you make qwiso, its only in the alcohol for a very very short period of time, generally a minute or less... but with green dragon its generally in it for... many days, week, or months before its consumed and through that much time the molecules must change.....

11. thank you Sirsog. I've checked out many of your pickups and whatnot and i'm honored that such a respected blade would answer my questions :hello:
    that makes sense though, i jus never really thougt of it

12. more information on the bolded parts?