Eating only hemp seeds fruit and water from now on

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by grass man420, Mar 8, 2014.

1. recently i started eating a bag of hemp seeds every few days and i'm thinking i might just eat only hemp seeds and fruit and filtered water from now on. is this a good idea? i read everywhere that hemp seeds have all the nutrition you need to survive.

2. Terrible idea

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I highly doubt there is all the vitamins and minerals you need in seeds, throw a steak and some carbohydrates in that diet and it would be fairly stable.

4. you don't need meat but, you do need veg.... just the fruit is not going to give you enough fiber, the insoluble kind.  And no you can not meet all your nutritional needs with just hemp seed.....I am a chef and nutritional consultant, also vegan, and very healthy,  If you would like some tips on being vegan and healthy i would be glad to help....peace

5. the boredom of living on this regiment will kill you.

but to be honest, no this would not be the worst thing for you as long as you try a great variety of fruit and berries and maybe add some nuts... it's not the best and i doubt you'd make it without cheating for very long, but it is substantially better than a diet of soda and burgers, chips and pizza. people seem to live on that shit for years, although they also tend to get very stick eventually.

and you could probably survive on your diet for a very long time, if you can manage to really last more than a week :)

6. and hemp seed powder combined with variety of fruit actually has almost the entire nutritional spectrum covered.
    100 grams per day will get you enough protein, various fruits and nuts and supply minerals and other vitamins, but you will have to eat a lot :) .. it's still pretty healthy though.

7. why the hell would anyone do this

8. because technically and biologically the only reason to ever put food in your body is for the nutritional value. then there's the secondary objective of enjoyment. considering that the only reason to eat is nutrition why not only ever eat the most nutritionally rich food? the emergence of new diseases and rising disease rates are because people like the other guy said live on a diet of chips pizza and pop. i don't want diseases. and i also know that eating healthy stuff makes you sleep better, have better skin, wards off diseases, longer life span and a fuckload of other benefits.
    so i could ask why the hell wouldn't anyone do this?

does anyone have anything other than speculation to say that hemp seeds don't have all the nutrition your body needs? they have all 20 amino acids. omega 3,6 and 9 in the right proportion and high in protein.

alternatively does anyone have any ideas to add to this that could make it work? also i was kind of half kidding when i said all i'm going to eat is hemp what i mean is that hemp, fruit and only nutritionally rich food will be my main diet, though i will still enjoy other foods every once in a while.

9. Look man, even if it has all the nutrition you need, you are most likely going against your biochemical individuality. Now unless your family has survived with hemp seeds for generations, you're going to make your system fail because we are used to other stuff that is in food that is not necessarily part of our nutrition needs. Bacteria for example helps reinforce the immune system by challenging it, and unhealthy foods force your digestive system to work harder (preventing it to fail). These are things that most human beings are used to, so while I encourage you to eat healthy, don't make it that hardcore, you don't have to. The negative effects are both physical and psychological.

Some guy mentioned vegan diets above, that could work for you as well.

10. Does anyone have proof that hemp seeds have all nutrition you need or that they don't have all the nutrition you need?

11. #11 だりお, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    if you use the biological definition of fruits and if you include avocados, bean pods, and tree nuts into your diet then you might be able to thrive off of "fruit" and hemp. i would only do it if i was really in tune with my body's feeback loop (so i can stop the diet when my body tells me to, if my body decides it's not good enough) or if i got blood tests right before doing it and at the 3 and 24 month mark into the diet. 3 month mark to check to see if you should continue or not based on your vitamin and mineral levels, and if you choose to continue, the 24 month mark to check your vitamin b12 levels.

even though i'm a huge proponent of eating vegetables, if the majority of your calories come from fat or at least 30-40%, then you might be able to pull it off. but if your diet is going to be 80% carbs, most of which is fruit sugars, then i recommend against it.

let us know if you end up going through with it fellow hempster :smoke:

12. #12 well highdrated, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014

c'mon man really? 
    and the bacteria you are probably to referring is to is pre and pro biotics which you can get by drinking kefir or other lactose-free dairy. (or supplements).

i don't know why you guys are being harsh on OP. it's not like he is going out in the field in planning to much on raw shit. i believe that with a sensible diet (which he mentioned he is going to do, but adding some other healthy, natural choices) and a chat day here an there is not a bad approach to eating at all. 

btw, hemp doesn't have have all the nutrients, you will not survive on hemp alone.

and some people might be surprised by how little you'd go hungry if you supply your body with all the nutrients it needs. that's where the hunger comes from, the lack of nutrients. why do you think any human being is capable of eating a whole deep dish pizza + bread sticks + soda?.. yep, zero nutrients pretty much.
    body is still starving for minerals and vitamins. 

having done 10+ days of green shakes, which i thought would be horror... i honestly haven't felt any hunger after about day 2-3 of adjusting. 

13. You should eat a veriety of foods. Thats the best way to be 100% sure you are getting your nutrients.

Hemp is compkete protein so you could use it as your primary protein/calorie source

But you need a veriety of veggies as well

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app