Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Marijuana More Dangerous?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Retsii, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm not new to the marijuana culture, as I have researched it extently and known many people who smoke and whatnot. Now that I'm in university, and especially in Colorado, I've seen people that are MUCH more open about it than back home, with many new methods that I didn't even know existed (such as dabbing).

Just recently I've met this marine who has quit smoking marijuana to enlist, and we've talked about politics for hours until marijuana inevitably came up. Of course, there is a LOT of debate regarding how bad smoking marijuana could be (apparently there's new research out that claims marijuana increases lung capacity... but I'm so distrusting of research, especially after the "research" I read about hookah, but that's besides the point). However, I never heard of how eating marijuana can be dangerous physiologically.

I know the highs are two completely different things, but something he said interested me. I know it's only word-of-mouth but he claimed, "If you eat marijuana a LOT, I mean, constantly a week, it will destroy your metabolism. Since THC speeds up your metabolism (thus making you hungry), if you keep overloading your body with it it will eventually crash."

Has anyone else heard of this?

2. Sounds more like "Hey man I heard if you - "  kind of thing

3. I have never heard that. I'm an all day every day consumer of weed in all it's various forms. And I've had no side effects other then relief from constant nausea and pain. Thank you weed! *hugs a nug*

Blurring the lines between what is Unreal and real.

4. Sounds like its just a personal theory and might just be a rumor he heard from one friend that would lose his appetite over an edible and wouldnt eat properly. Even in that situation i dont believe he'd crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this that's for sure. My guess is that this is more of an individual experience, not really something that could be substantial enough to say that if anyone were to eat edibles on a daily basis they'd mess up their metabolism. 

6. I've been smoking weed for 7 years and my lungs capacity has decreased dramatically. I won't lie and say it has helped my breathing. Ever since I've been smoking weed regularly, I'd say the last 4 years, I've been getting a lot more chest colds than I ever had. Eating edibles will help your lungs a lot, even hitting a vaporizer is way better than smoking. I only smoke when I can't vape.

#RedEyeClub