Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating makes you less high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by toker2141, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hello. I am toker2141 and I am a stoner.
    I smoke all the time and was wondering if it was just me, or does eating high, makes you less high. I always feel less high, but the food taste so good its worth it.

2. Yes. I totally agree. The same thing happens to me.

3. Yeah food kills the high

4. When i get home from school or hanging out with friends and im hungry ill smoke than eat

i dont know but makes the food taste better and definitely limits your high

5. Sometimes I smoke just to get an appetite. I'm thin and I don't really get hungry but I NEED to eat. If I didn't smoke I would probably be way more underweight.

6. Damn, never knew that. More incentive to not eat while high ;) (I get the munchies REALLY bad, feels like my stomach is limitless rofl)

7. Yes it does, thats why I refrain from eating, or for my wake n bake I eat before I get baked...

8. Not true. I remember eating at a buffet with one of my friends, I was high the whole entire time!

9. Yeah definitely is a buzz kill. Good thing I don't usually get the munchies. Little off topic but has anyone been around people who's whole high is centered around eating, I hate this and hope people like this swim with pikachu.

10. I think this is one of those things that varies from person to person. It definitely kills my high and always has, but I've got friends who don't experience the same high killing effects as I do

11. i agree, i think its because thc goes into your stomach and if theres a lot of food in there it takes more thc to break it down and yeah

12. That doesn't happen to me lol it just makes me enjoy food more.Eating fruit when you're stoned is amazing! Makes me feel like I'm in the Vietnamese rainforest eating dragon fruit and smoking dope.Plus it's good for you too :smoke:

13. THC is soluble in fats. When you munch too hard, your body converts the fats and carbs into storable fats, in your bloodstream. These fat particles attach to THC, and become stored in your fat.

14. lol when you breathe in smoke it goes to your lungs not your stomach.And if you're talking about edibles I don't think that the food would break down the THC I think it would just take longer to digest (for the high to start) that's why any edible drug you are supposed to take on an empty stomach if you want to be high quicker.

15. [quote name='"purplenorange"']THC is soluble in fats. When you munch too hard, your body converts the fats and carbs into storable fats, in your bloodstream. These fat particles attach to THC, and become stored in your fat.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with why the high is shortened. The THC has already been taken up by your cannabinoid receptors

16. Well played ol' boy! Well played indeed! Well best be off now, cheerio :smoke:

17. Got blazed up, then ate a plate of cashews, will re-blaze in a few.

18. Food always kills my high too.

19. Yea for me it does too. So I try to choose wisely and not smoke before I eat. But then again sometimes when u eat before u smoke. Then u smoke. And then get hungry again lol. That's no good

20. I notice the same effect when it comes to eating. I also think a major thing that could play in is the fact that our high could have just worn off by the time we're done.