Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

eating make you less high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Munkey, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Eating doesn't really affect my high that much but it does to a certain extent. I'll be munching away on some chips and shit minding my own fucking business you know, just chilling, and I'm blazed out my mind, not giving a single fuck.

2. yup it makes you less high.

3. eating definitely kills my high ... :(

4. yes it does because your blood goes to your stomach to digest the food, means less thc in yur brian!

5. It supposedly does, but I always chow down and my high is never lessened because of it.

6. LOL! 2 years later and your comment is still funny.
    Maybe there is hope for the past and the future to exist together :p

I say we keep this thread going! :hello:
    4-MORE-YEARS!
    4-MORE-YEARS!

7. Wtf this thread is retardd. Im going to laugh when a mod closes it.

8. I feel you should enjoy your high. Eating makes me enjoy it :p Doesn't matter if it brings me down. That's like owning a Ferrari and saying I won't ride it cus it will get worn out. I like to take a nice ride even if it means going to the mechanic once a while. And by going to the mechanic, I mean smoking more weed :p

9. I don't really feel less high when I eat, if anything the effect of the munchies inclines.

10. i think if you eat greasy shit or sugary shit it can but if you eat fruit or somthing it wont effect it much.. showers kill ur high though

11. Yes it's true.  Eating food kills your high and makes you feel sober again.  It's the annoying part of the munchies. 

13. maybe eating does kill your high, but having munchies and not eating is definitely going to make you hate being high at all. so my advice is to eat and smoke more lol. 

14. Well, our bodies HAVE to do more than one thing at a time 24/7 otherwise you'd die...
    But anyway, in my opinion and experience, eating while high will start to bring the high down.. People always give me shit for not eating right before and during being high. But I'd rather be high than eat some snack, especially when you pay good money for your weed. You kinda want the most out of it

15. its not cus your body can only do one thing at a time... thats a stupid theory, its because the food dilutes the weed in your system. kind of like alcohol . if you smoke up on an empty stomach you will get higher

16. While I don't know the exact science behind it, I find it is true. After years of smoking I still get the munchies like a first timmer and have to eat. I actually have to break a lot cuz I'll start gaining mad weight or go broke from buying food.

Anyways! I definitely notice a difference when I do eat after smoking and when I don't. If I don't, the high lasts longer and the high is stronger. When I do, it doesn't completely kill it, but I seem a little more sober and doesn't feel as strong as it did a few minutes before I ate and the high doesn't last as long as it would if I didn't eat.

Same with eye drops those completely blow my high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Eh I rarely notice. I usually toke, eat, sleep. 

18. I find it funny how this thread is possibly older than a lot of people reading it.

19. some blood leaves the brain where thc is most useful and goes to the stomach. so yes it does. blood is redirected to go to digestive system, and not brain, less THC reaching your brain