Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating kill your high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbrad420, May 19, 2011.

1. I hear this all the time that eating kills your high and pop/soda doesn't. Anyone heard this and have any scientific proof to prove or discredit it? Thanks

2. eating always brings me down a bit

3. haha, no scientific proof, but it definitely deteriorates my high personally

4. I don't like to eat when I'm high cause it kills it a bit. All your blood is going to your stomach so its being processed more

5. I would love for a genius to find some studies on this or something

6. Yeah I've aaaaalways had a suspicion that food brings your high down a bit but back in the day damn were Munchies insane or what?! : )

7. Yeah it does. Less blood to brain containing THC, more blood to stomach. Do you see the adverse effects?

8. I'm guessing it's the same as when you're drunk and you eat - you sober up because the concentration of ethanol in the bloodstream decreases. Could be the same for THC in the blood stream too...

9. Eating a heavy meal when you're really stoned will make you super monged, believe me.

10. ive heard that if you eat sweets you wont lose your buzz as fast as if you ate something else

11. always eat before smoking

12. You probably won't find any scientific evidence supporting one argument or the other. From what I've heard, its different for everyone.

For me, when I eat in the peak of a high, it does stamp out my high a bit. I learned this and have used it to my advantage. So now whenever I need to sober up a little bit, I can just eat something to bring me back down to earth a little sooner.

13. Eating while high gives me couch lock. Then a demon called the munchies invades my soul.

14. I eat after almost every high, I dont think it bothers me...nothing I can notice

15. I haven't really had food "kill" my high, but it seems to mellow it out sometimes. I especially love toking at night, around an hr before i'll go to sleep, eat something warm (ramen for example) then knock out resulting in a damn good night of sleep.