Eating in the morning.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Facetorch, Dec 1, 2011.

1. That guy is like 150 lbs. Sure you can drop your caloric intake, lower your BMR and still live, or in his case, maintain his training. The problem is in increasing compensation.

The article is really a joke. If I eat extra food, all of a sudden the thermal effect increases?

2. breakfast always gives me an appetite through the whole day for lunch and dinner.

3. ...I was under the impression you were smart enough to understand that the idea of losing fat and gaining muscle around the same time frame was thought to be impossible in 1980 because of "bro bro bro excess calories gain muscle and deficit calories lose fat!" Now we have the examples, the science, the studies, and the execution of all of these simultaneously to prove that wrong.

A SURPLUS of calories is required, NOT excess. NOT 6000 calories. Wtf is wrong with you?

Keto is not cutting for one week then bulking for some unknown period of time. During a cyclical ketogenic diet you have 1 or 2 "refeed" days a week where you introduce carbs back into your diet and eat a slight surplus...allowing you to gain muscle.

Once again I have no clue how you're coming to the conclusion that I'm cutting for one week or bulking for an unknown amount of time or that anyone that does keto/IF does this. Please stop assuming, you have a horrible case of assuming shit. Start researching these methods you are downing before getting into a debate, it helps you be less one sided.

IF or Keto or whatever you were just calling a "fad" has been around for years and years.....please come out from under your rock.

4. #44 Sovereign Psyche, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    I'd love to see this abundance of science and studies.

BTW, "around the same time frame" and "at the same time" are completely different. Traditional cut and bulk utilizes "around the same time frame."

That's what I've been arguing the whole time. A surplus of calories over your maintenance is needed to gain muscle mass, but you will not lose fat while you are in a surplus.

6000 calories was my example for a two day bulk, because originally you said you eat enough calories for two days.

Though, it wouldn't be insane for a person who does lots of cardio in a day to eat 6000 calories a day.

Still sounds like cut/bulk to me.

It's not my fault you are horrible at explaining your position.

"You're losing fat all week while sparing muscle, then you promote muscle gains on your carb up days and you're still losing fat!"

If you aren't going to explain yourself sufficiently, then there is really no point in arguing with you. Honestly, I think you are purposely being vague.

You can call me stupid all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that:
    You are not gaining muscle while you are losing fat. At most you are either only slightly gaining fat while gaining muscle or maintaining muscle while losing fat.

5. What are you talking about? lol...

Trying to hold on to what's left I bet. This thread went to shit a long time ago.