Eating Herb

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Sophisticated Z, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I've started working out thus I want to quit smoking however I don't wanna stop using it. So I figure, if I made some canobutter and used that to make some herb enriched protein bars I'll be better off. My friend says I won't get the results I'm looking for but I wanted a second opinion. What I want is to get high healthy, I never ate it but it beats fuckin up my respiratory system. Because I'll be eating it I hope to gain the nutritional benefits of the protein bar while at the same time get that full body high to relax my body and well, to get me high. Has anyone of you ever tried it or know about it and what actually will happen?

2. i never tried it but sounds like afuckin dope idea, you should eat the bar, then vape a bit to help it kick in faster

3. If your lungs are the reason you want to quit smoking then I suggest you get a vaporizer. Edibles give you a completely different high than smoking, and if you can't cook its really easy to ruin a BUNCH of herb. Vaping gives you a nice clear high and your throat & lungs wont be on fire. I vape before running 3-5 miles 4 days a week.

Not to mention the vape leftovers make super easy edibles!

4. Explain how that works please. I've never used a vaporizer before.

5. #5 ScriabinAnime, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    vaping is only good if you're trying to stay away from smoking. I quit smoking and only eat edibles, but I strayed from the path and tried vaping once. It immediately gave me familiar sensations I used to have from smoking, such as my feet and hands becoming cold and slight respiratory issues: it is still breathing unhealthily hot air in. Needless to say, it is still at least a 95% improvement from smoking.

If you truly care about health/respiration, eating is the only way to go. It is more expensive however, and tolerance is built up more easily, at least for me.

If you can't handle the expenses and prefer getting high more often, get a cheap portable vaporizer or invest in a good one. You will still be harming your respiration with vaporizers.

The vape my friend has (and the main one I've ever used) is this one or extremely similar: Iolite Original Portable Vaporizer - Choice of 8 colors - Grasscity.com

EDIT: wrong section btw

6. #6 claygooding, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Just in case you want some of the other ingredients in marijuana besides what smoking and vaporizing produces,such as cannabinoids that burning ir heat doesn't give you.then try juicing raw marijuana or check out some of the recipes in other forums here.

A simple quick test to see if edibles give a "high" that is satisfactory for you is a "firecracker",,two crackers,thin layer of peanut butter on both crackers,layer 1/2>1 gram of "powdered" marijuana on one of the peanut butter covered cracker,place other cracker on top so marijuana is sandwiched between the two layers of peanut butter and pop in the microwave for three 10 second cook sessions,allow to cool and enjoy.

Powder your marijuana before cooking with it,,I use a coffee grinder that costs appx $12 and then rub the marijuana through a really fine mesh tea strainer. It removes the small stems that become "chewy" if you cook them. And a few chocolate chips added to the inside of the firecracker will cover most of the taste that some people don't like. I think it is the same with people that think burning marijuana stinks,,it doesn't stink to the people that like it.

PS:Be sure to microwave in short bursts so you don't "vaporize" your weed in the microwave!

7. Do you have proof to this claim? I'm not calling you out, but I've never heard that the air is still too hot to breathe or harmful. I've been under the impression that vaping is actually beneficial to your lungs.

8. Useful information definitely gonna do my homework and try out that fire cracker too. I

9. #9 ScriabinAnime, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    ^^
    For fire crackers, use organic peanut butter, it has more of its natural oils which allow for a greater saturation of thc

(Baking on 335 in an oven for 30 minutes always works. I think microwaves are dreadfully cancerous and unhealthy for you)

If you haven't tried edibles yet, fire crackers may very well give you a far bigger high than a large amount of smoking would

10. You can try out tinctures as well. If you decide to start vaporizing, you can use the already vaped bud to cook with as well.

11. My lungs suffered a minor collapse twice (probably more, only bothered to get it checked out twice) so I switched to edibles. There's a canna-butter recipe stickied here on GC that's simple and very effective, I definitely think you should try it. Start with 1 gram then go on from there. It's a different than when you smoke, it kinda slowly drags you through the high. For me, I get hit in waves. Initial buzz for 2 or so hours, levels off for 3-4 hours, comes back stronger for 3-4, levels off, comes back, etc.

I feel it a bit on the first day, not so much the second (feels like it's wearing off) and then by the third or fourth day it hits me full on. It's different... Much more relaxing and soothing than smoking, but kinda makes you more sluggish and lethargic. A few spoonfuls taken today would probably last me 2 weeks - 1 week for the high, 1 week for this weird middle ground between being sober and slightly burnt-out (for brief periods).

This doesn't seem to happen to my cousin, so I have no clue why it hits me so hard. Saves me a hell of a lot of money though. I kinda got sick of being all the time though, been trying to sober up for the last week but it's still in my system. After having edibles regularly for an extended period of time and then suddenly stopping, the comedown sucks deeeeeep dick. You just feel really burnt out for the first few days, or at least I do anyway.
    -----
    It's an interesting high, no doubt about that. After a while, you get used to and it might feel like it isn't hitting you as hard anymore, but it still is. It's just that you get used to being in that frame of mind, you learn to operate and function in that state so well to the point where you could be high as a kite, but you'll feel sober. And you won't feel high until your technically stoned off your ass. It's kinda hard to explain.

Then again, maybe it's just me. I've noticed bud seems to hit me a lot harder than it does most others. And you might wan to listen to start learning about meditation btw, it's helps improve your high.

12. Edibles can provide stronger, longer lasting sensations from less herb than you would usually smoke.... and even better, by
    manipulating your processing methods, you have greater control over the sensations provided... the effect you achieve is
    certainly still strain dependent, but with less processing and heat you can be provided with a more euphoric, heady,
    and cerebral 'high', while extended processing causes the formation of additional CBN, resulting in a narcotic, full-bodied
    'stone'.

Start out processing minimally, and test 'doses' as you go. This way you'll know exactly how much heat and time you need
    to use, to produce the desired effect, in all your subsequent batches :)

And you have PLENTY of options, healthy and otherwise, once you've made your oil....

Here's a snippit from a past post I made, on a similar topic... you'll find the oil tutorials below (the ghosts may be particularly
    interesting for you, although any health/protein bar recipe may be used):

All the dishes in the photo below, including the berries and the cranberry punch, were VERY potent... a bit too much
    when combined, for a few people (this does not include any of the 'unadulterated' dishes, that guests brought [​IMG] ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some New Year's Eve shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The oil below began with a strong batch of mixed indica hash oil, cut down, to decrease and level out potency, with
    our favorite canna oil of the season made from the popcorn buds of the TRCP#3 (creating a powerful dose per cap, for
    most patients, or a three or four cap dose for myself).

Each jar and bottle below, along with a few smaller gift bags with caps and chocolates, were given to the local
    patients most in-need
    and those who had suffered the most hardship this year... enough for most to medicate daily, until
    at least spring! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another Xmas, or New Year bowl of MBS....

[​IMG]

Had a very small group here for Christmas, these were the medicated dishes.... the Moose Pops contain 4 solid doses for
    most patients, the Hashy Bars contain 4 - 6 doses (these were also given as gifts!)....

[​IMG]

Half are 'Holiday Candy Cane' flavor, such as the fellow with the painted toenails, the rest were Original, Orange, and Amaretto. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More New Year's Eve, shots....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Project TRCP#3 flowers, with POG#8 shatter....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blueberry Widow.... greasy with terpenes *droool*!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More MBS, with it's wonderful helices of various purple-blue-red anthocyanins, throughout the trichomes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made SIXTEEN of these ChiCanna Cordon Bleu rolls for brunch, with and without shrimp (lol [​IMG] ), New Year's Day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those who wanted to toast, rather than kiss at Midnight, did so with these, and another drink included in the book....

[​IMG]

Now some Autumn and Halloween stuff's...

Healthy Ghosts, with omega oils, alfalfa, hemp protein, collagen and more!

[​IMG]

Some not-so-healthy, and very decadent, Canna EYEBALLS with Raspberry HASH-Blood Jell! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some 'Restaurant Style' Chinese Chicken Noodle Hash Soup, with little Jack-o'-lantern Hash Truffles....

[​IMG]

Another New Year's Even bowl or two.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Lemon Haze shatter drop, on MBS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, a treat I've been making all year thanks to a GC member request (I'm finally following through on the pics &
    tutorial, so look out for the book! [​IMG] )....

Hashy Meringue Mushrooms!

There's nothing fungal, or psychedelic, about these little 'hash oil imbued' fellows... in case anyone was concerned [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And again, here are the crucial oil recipes for anyone who needs them now;

Yes- The oils recipes CAN be followed using clarified butter, and if you're using pre-vaped bud, just skip decarboxylation
    where activation has already taken place, and continue processing -just- as described in the tutorial, to promote complete
    extraction, and most importantly, bioavailability!

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable and made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    . The tutorial can ALSO
    be used for making edible & bioavailable oil from any BHO or other concentrates you may already have!
    You may dissolve in alcohol and transfer the solution to oil, or manually agitate as-is, in warm oil, then continue
    heating -just- as described to form a bioavailable solution
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe,
    oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

13. Crazy list of foods ya got here. Never thought quitting smoking to eat it would leave me in a world of too many options but I'm gonna enjoy exploring it. I had my first brownoe yesterday. I felt like kicking myself in the head when I felt the results, realizing I smoked my lungs into the ground for 20 literal years. The head high is cool but, I prefer the full body experience better, more relaxing. I just need to try vapor now. All of you gave good advice, looking forward to more.

14. Vaping is not bad for you at all. I also love to smoke my Bong with my herb iron..but yea vaping is not gonna cause any serious problems ever to ur health ..just don't turn the vape up too high.

Random fact blue dream has a terpene in it that pine trees have that is known for opening ur lungs up. Vape some blue dream at low temp could be like an inhaler..

15. Wth is blue dream?

16. image-3068004832.jpg

17. Never heard of that before today. Wouldn't know where to get it ether

18. Here is some light reading material
    http://www.leafly.com/explore
    :D

19. Yeah, my pa went from smoking cigs to those electronic Blu cigarettes, which is vapor, and after a couple weeks he stopped coughing completely. Vaping doesn't harm lung function.

20. If your vapour is too hot to breathe then your vape is broken or your doing ot wrong or you have a poor quality vape.
    Ive got a volcano and the vapour is great every time.