Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating hash

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Miklelottesen, Feb 26, 2009.

1. I've decided to try and eat some of my hash. I have one question: should I swallow one big chunk or many small ones?

2. It will be a waste. Smoke it!!

3. Why would it be a waste? Tch is wasted through smoke. Through eating all of it is used.

4. #4 radioheaded, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    Dont just eat the hash straight! it will be an entire waste, you only have a small hope of getting stoned if you have some fatty acids kicking about your stomach.

Make cannabutter, the same rules apply as with weed.
    Don't waste your hash dude.

EDIT: you don't absorb all the cannaboids through eating either, it's something like 80%

5. I don't know what to say.

6. This is correct. THC is heat activated. Feel free to try it, but you would be better off mailing it to me so at least one of us can get high off your hash.:D

7. Thank you very much, everyone! You saved me from making a stupid mistake - I'll just smoke it then :smoking:

8. THC is heat activated as well as fat/alcohol absorbed. If he used QWISO way of making hash, there's a chance it might work--I'm not 100% sure however, since drinking alcohol is ethanol, and alcohol used for QWISO is iso-propyl... Anyways, green dragon is made using just alcohol and weed. Mix those two, let the alcohol absorb the THC by waiting, and you drink it. And QWISO is made by mixing alcohol and weed, let them mix so THC and alchol can mix, and let the unmixed alcohol evaporate. Holy crap, i just took 3 THC pills, and smoked a blunt to myself, and i feeeeeeel hiiigh. I feel like I just wrote ana essay about absorption of THC. oh yeah, this is off topic, but yesterday, last night, i smoked a blunt with a friend yesterday, then we walked around, and I had to print something from the printing room, and i guess because maybe I didn't sleep last night due to a test, or because I got really high, or maybe too much nicotine from the blunt(we mixed cig and weed for nicotine kick), since I don't smoke cigs, I felt really light headed, and my vision became just clear, and almost fainted. But thank god I didn't. anyways. yea. enjoy. byebye

9. yeah... smoking's probably best.

10. I've seen some great hash recipes ... including Ice Cream.

11. One way to eat it you will not be disappointed by: heat it some, crumble it into little grains, and take it with a teaspoon of honey. 1/2 gr will give you a 3-4 hour high you will notice in 20-40 minutes. Have fun! Works well with kif, too.

12. THC isn't heat activated people. People seem to think this, but it's just a myth.

13. are you for real? can you give me some sort of solid proof on this? i'd be very interested to hear this bc i like cooking with cannabis a lot

14. THC isnt heat activated....

THC-A when heated turns to THC, so technically its THC-A thats heat activated.

Theres still a small amount of THC in it tho.

15. I would like to see proof of this

16. I would like to know this myself. Back in the day when I was hanging out with one of my buddies who has this asshole black lab dog, who's a pretty smart dog actually, but will pay attention to what you're doing/what you're handling and sometimes run up and grab it (like your wallet or a video game) and drag it off somewhere in the house so you'd have to run after him.

Well after my friend finished making a batch of hash once there was a gram block of it sitting on the table and well, long story short the dog ate the hash, and when it kicked in he was laying on the kitchen table on his side, sooooo absolutely baked, to the point where if you pet him all he would/could do is open his eyes and roll his eyeballs around LOL i'm sure he was loving life

Reminded me a bit of my first firecracker experience ^_^

Gotta love hash!

But does make me think that the effect certainly worked on a dog even though it was just eaten as straight hash rather than made into cannabutter or cooked into something thc-soluble.

17. lol, this post went off on quite the tangent.