Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Disorder Order Or Just Lazy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by glassallday, May 10, 2014.

1. So I'm about 5'11 and weight about 140 to 145 lbs. I notice when Im dry I lose the erdge to eat. I feel hungry buy when I go to cook I don't think it'll taste good or be satifying. I kinda think I'm being lazy but another part thinks im its a small some what manageable eat disorder thats being keep under control as long I smoke . its not often that I'm dry. Maybe a couple day out the month I won't smoke. Unfortunately my dude is in mexico right now and I have no bud. I do drink a lot of fluids tho pretty much all the time no matter what. Dunno if that's relivant

I don't think its anything to serious just curious as to what other blades think.

2. Your fine man, when I was in high school if go days without eating and at one point weighed 130 lbs at 6'1"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity For

3. #3 frr, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    I'm 5'10 120 and I got same problem as you. I HATE to eat. Just is disgusting. I've been drinking naked drinks and Jamba Juice instead of eating. I occasionally will eat some fast food
    Edit: haven't smoked for 10 days and do not like eating still. When I'm high I can eat anything but only small portions.

4. Only a doctor can tell you, man.
    The internet will not get you very far compared to someone who went to college and actually knows what they're talking about.

I would like to think that eating disorders are typically far more serious than this.
    People with eating disorders constantly have thoughts that they are too fat when in reality they are far underfed.
    Its really all psychological, so if I were you id stop thinking about it before you think too much and create that reality for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Lose of appetite is normal when you stop smoking if your'e a heavy smoker. After like 2-3 days you get your appetite back. If it lasts any longer than i'm not sure. I know if i take a tolerance break i can't eat for days. 

6. So I just made a plate of spaghetti its one of my favorite meals..I'm just gunna eat slow still no real appitite but I gotta eat something lol.
    @420stoned I would also think that they'd be more serious. Thanks for the answers guys . it was something on my mind. Just wanted to hear a few opinions :p

7. Depression causes lost of appetite so could that possibly be a factor?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Unfortunately, I've known a lot of people with eating disorders, including my best friend from college and my own sister. Eating disorders are more an issue of control, like feeling like you have control over your mind and body, when in reality you're actually at the mercy of your mind's most insidious, weak side. They will often say things like "Oh, I'm just dieting, it's OK I'm not eating today, I feel fine" and not eat, though their body tells them they need it and they will fight the urge to fulfill a basic human function just to feel a little bit of control, while they are actually being controlled. If you feel like this is you, get help. If you know anyone like this, help them. Not to kill your buzz, but fucking do it.

If you just aren't hungry and don't want to eat, that's a lot different, though it could still be a bad thing. Depression and anxiety can zap your appetite. You can try working out. That will make you hungry. Also, try to eat something small and drink a glass of cold water in the morning to get your metabolism working. If I skip breakfast, I can skip lunch strangely enough, but if I have anything in the morning, I'll eat a dead crow at lunch if it's available and maggot-free (Always Sunny reference). 

Find a way to eat, man. You gotta take care of your body. You only get one.

9. i guess man but would you drive your car on an empty tank of gas? im gunna guess you dont eat breakfast.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 Tymmo, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Same for me, I was 5'8'' (173cm) and 155lbs (70kg) at 14... I started smoking a few months before turning 16 (november 2012), I started by smoking occasionnaly with friends, then I started hitting the bong alone at home.. i've been doing this daily for 11 or 12 months I believe, I used to sleep 6-10 hours a night and eat three meals a day, now I only sleep 4 hours a night and eat 1 or 2 meals a day, I lost so much weight that my grandmother didn't recognize me last time I visited her, I'm 5'10''½ (179cm) and 133lbs (60kg)  :mellow:

11. I'm 5'10 120 lb
    You'll be good. I didn't eat for 4 days after I quit. Then I ate and threw up and my appetite was back to normal.

12. Same boat as you. I hate eating unless I've smoked. Then I gain weight.

13. It's called withdrawals bro. I don't eat for 3 days after quitting until my body starts to produce my natural hunger again

14. Many people don't realize that this is real. If you smoke heavy and stop, you do lose a lot of your appetite for a few days. Well it really depends on the person, but its happened to everyone i know who smokes heavy and took a break or quit. 

15. Dude in freshman year of high school I weighed as low as 130 lbs and was 2 inches taller. It could just be a phase.
    I work out 5 days a week now and feel great.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity For

16. #16 semprfidelis, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    I'm 6,3 200 pounds and lose my appetite after I don't smoke. Regardless of your weight you need to drink lots of water tho so that's good.

17. #17 snoopdog6502, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Eat more pussy, big hairy stinky ass pussy!

18. This sounds very normal.

Though I doubt a doctor could make the connection