Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Before eating Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by k-money, Mar 28, 2011.

1. okay well i just ate 2 pieces of chicken pot pie and i plan on eating a .5g cookie. should i wait a little while or just eat it?

2. shut up and eat it! :D

3. technically speaking, if you wait a bit, your liver will be busy processing the compounds from those pieces of pot pie, and allow the cannabinoids a little easier time avoiding the liver, but since im assuming you have already eaten today, and arent just getting around to eating now, you wont really notice much

4. That's absolutely right! You can inhibit your enzymes with things like:

Ginko
    Grapefruit (the Amentoflavone)
    Piperine
    Tumeric IN OIL for bioavailability ( I put it into my edible cannabutter)
    Milk Thistle
    St Johns Wort (there's conflicting information on this, some say it inhibits CYP3A4, some say it induces it)

CYP3A4 and CYP2C9 are of interest in the hydroxylation and (more importantly) the carboxylation during first pass.