Eating after drinking? Weird phenomena.

Discussion in 'General' started by As Above So Below, May 26, 2012.

1. So I got a weird situation. I can finish a 6 pack in 1-3 hours. After I am done drinking I always get hungry. Stuff that is physically hot (cooked foods), spicy food, and salty/greasy food. If I have any one of these things after I drink a 6 pack I get noticeably sober. Like the feeling of being drunk/tipsy just disappears. I usually only drink a 6 pack and I almost always feel pretty sober after eating. Also when I eat before hand and I drink a few beers, I get pretty bloated and I don't feel drunk at all. If I don't eat anything at all before I drink I crave the things I listed the next day.

TL;DR: Eat after 6 beers - get pretty sober. Eat beforehand, and I feel bloated and sober still. If I eat nothing at all, I get hung over/mad munchies the next day.

I know there really isn't a right or wrong answer but has this ever happened to anyone? A 6 pack gets me pretty drunk (130 lbs, skinny/fit dude).

2. drunk munchies. as long as ur not wasted and about to puke drunk munchies are awesome. however u dont finish the food as often compared to being baked

3. ^Haha yeah I get madd drunk munchies. But like I said after I eat I am practically sober. Even after ingesting large quantities of alcohol haha. I find that I eat just as much, if not more than when I am blazed. I'm like the cookies monsters dad or some shit, I go fuckin' crazy :laughing:

4. #5 365DaysofGrowin, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']So I got a weird situation. I can finish a 6 pack in 1-3 hours. After I am done drinking I always get hungry. Stuff that is physically hot (cooked foods), spicy food, and salty/greasy food. If I have any one of these things after I drink a 6 pack I get noticeably sober. Like the feeling of being drunk/tipsy just disappears. I usually only drink a 6 pack and I almost always feel pretty sober after eating. Also when I eat before hand and I drink a few beers, I get pretty bloated and I don't feel drunk at all. If I don't eat anything at all before I drink I crave the things I listed the next day.

TL;DR: Eat after 6 beers - get pretty sober. Eat beforehand, and I feel bloated and sober still. If I eat nothing at all, I get hung over/mad munchies the next day.

I know there really isn't a right or wrong answer but has this ever happened to anyone? A 6 pack gets me pretty drunk (130 lbs, skinny/fit dude).[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing when I drink. I think everyone does lol in theory, the alcohol in your stomach gets absorbed by the food and helps stop it going into your bloodstream. It also fills you up making your body digest, which I would think is another thing that would take away from the buzz. Try drinking alot of water before you go to sleep, that'll dilute the alcohol so you can pee it out faster, so you wont have alot of alcohol in your system, therefore easing your hangover before you even have one

5. A few shots of Patron tonight and I am hungry as hell, could also be this Headband talkin' though :smoke:

6. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']^Haha yeah I get madd drunk munchies. But like I said after I eat I am practically sober. Even after ingesting large quantities of alcohol haha. I find that I eat just as much, if not more than when I am blazed. I'm like the cookies monsters dad or some shit, I go fuckin' crazy :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yup, I drank a 30$ bottle of tequila with one other person and when we ate....boom sobering up already

7. Ah I see. It's just my friends don't seem to get this at all. We will be drinking all night and then they get hungry and we make some food. After they are done they are still drunk and I'm like... Wanna drink some more? And they are just like wtf? We've been drinking all night..

I just ask because I've wasted a 6 pack many times. I am pretty wasted and then I eat some nachos and I'm really sober :( I get the idea behind what you are saying, but I guess there isn't a lot I can do lol. I didn't expect much anyhow :p

Glad it just isn't me!! It's annoying right? You kill a bottle,eat some food, and it seems like you just wasted the night a little.

8. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    Ah I see. It's just my friends don't seem to get this at all. We will be drinking all night and then they get hungry and we make some food. After they are done they are still drunk and I'm like... Wanna drink some more? And they are just like wtf? We've been drinking all night..

I just ask because I've wasted a 6 pack many times. I am pretty wasted and then I eat some nachos and I'm really sober :( I get the idea behind what you are saying, but I guess there isn't a lot I can do lol. I didn't expect much anyhow :p

Glad it just isn't me!! It's annoying right? You kill a bottle,eat some food, and it seems like you just wasted the night a little.[/QUOTE]

Really? Your friends got some special livers or something cuz everyone I know sobers up! Haha its the Same when your drunk and you smoke, that sobers me up too....
    You could eat a good meal like 3-5 hours before? Maybe that'll help. And IT IS very annoying, like why did I just go buy something that made me feel good for 10 min? I drink, get fucked upr happy as hell that I'm gunna eat, cook the food, sober. No video games, no movie, no buzzed fapping hahahaha

9. Yeah I will have to try that sometime. On my 3rd beer and just made a hot pocket, oh god lol. Yeah dude I totally know what you mean! (about the last part!)

10. The alcohol is being absorbed by the food. I like to eat a good meal an hour or two before I start drinking.

11. [quote name='"deltaNEIN"']The alcohol is being absorbed by the food. I like to eat a good meal an hour or two before I start drinking.[/QUOTE]

I fucking LOVE your avatar......the funny thing is my heritage is a german-jew. Fuck hitler, go pikachu!

12. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    Yeah I will have to try that sometime. On my 3rd beer and just made a hot pocket, oh god lol. Yeah dude I totally know what you mean! (about the last part!)[/QUOTE]

Noooo not the dreaded hot pockets!!! Hahahaha

13. I think I came when I was eating it :eek: :p

14. Mine too! Along with Irish and Cherokee. My great gpa actually fled Nazi Germany and fought with the Americans.

15. Did you let it cool to avoid the dreaded cheese drip?

16. Hell no! I ate that shit while it was on FIRE :laughing: :laughing:

17. [quote name='"deltaNEIN"']

Mine too! Along with Irish and Cherokee. My great gpa actually fled Nazi Germany and fought with the Americans.[/quote]

No way! That's a weird coincidence, cuz my grandma actually is a survivor of the Holocaust. She's told me so many stories including how she witnessed her neighbor drown her own newborn baby while in a flooded attic while in hiding.....the things that these people have seen and experienced is simply put, amazing.