Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

eating a gram of hash

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by modern-hippy, Apr 24, 2006.

1. ..all that talks about is cooking weed.. which is activating it by heat.. i think everyone here already knows this..

2. Haha thats funny as hell and informative to. Good look on the post rasta. +rep

3. While this makes a lot of sense, the consumption of hash will only be psychoactive depending on the user's metabolism and generally is not the most effective way of preparing cannabis for intoxication.

When consuming cannabis or hash, it takes time for the psychoactive element, THC, to permeate your stomache lining, this is why most people claim not to get high off of eating hash because alot of THC is lost in the process of digestion and conversion from delta 8 THC to 11 hydroxy THC, which is the psychoactive compound that THC converts over to when digested.

The best way of consuming hash without vaporization or smoking is to cook it in the form of an oil or butter within baked goods because this evenly distributes the THC. This is important for intoxication due to the fact that the THC is more spread out and thusly will permeate your stomache lining more slowly than small amounts of high quality hash, which would simply release a large amount of THC in a short amount of time. Thusly, you might feel some sort of "rush," but it takes a very specific amount of hash to begin feeling the effects and is generally considered too intense for even extremely seasoned tokers.

Hope this helps, got my info from Robert Connel Clarke's "Hashish."

In concerns to you guys who have a hard time finding street hash, here's a link on how to use some of your bud to make some decent water hash with some very cheap household materials:

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=89517

4. plus rep on the good post dude, i hate all these non-believers, just cause it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else..

5. Dude I swear to god they recently edited that. When I posted it, the intro paragraph to consumption said that it is a myth that you need to heat it to activate the THC. I wasn't even high when I posted that, I am positive it has changed since then. On another note, there is a good deal of evidence that the Assassin/Hashish Eaters story is a myth. See http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info4.shtml. There is some contraversy on the topic. Regardless, I still believe that one can eat hashish to get high, and will find evidence somewhere and post it here.

6. there was a very famous book called A tale of two hash-eaters, it was about a guy who ate hash, and did get high. and hash could be cheaper than weed, it could be more expensive. whenever i get hash its more expensive, but thats because it is more potent its basically solid kief, however i know in england they have different grades of hash like soapstone which is the equivalent to shwag.

7. I would never smoke soap stone hash as it is cut with all sorts of shit. it's not safe to smoke that stuff. just make your own, jesus it's not THAT hard.

8. yea but weed is THAT expensive for people who don't grow.

9. ive had to eat hash before when being busted it didnt kick in for quite awhie but i was completely off my face but the down side was i chucked my guts up like a bastard