Easy Way to make dabs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Banksysmom, Feb 26, 2017.

1. So I've got four plants that are days away from harvest, and I want to try making some wax out of the smaller buds and trim. I saw a guy on youtube make some on the stovetop with just ever clear, which looked to be about my speed, since I'd rather not use butane or other chemicals if I don't have to. But I'm in CA, we don't have ever clear out here, so my question is, is there another type of alcohol that would work? And is this even a reasonable way to make dabs? Is there a better way? Keep in mind that I'm a newbie, this is my first grow/harvest, and I don't want to spend money on vacuum chambers and whatnot for what is basically just a little experiment for personal use. Thank you in advance for any advice. Happy Sunday.

2. Google "rosin". This is the easiest way to make some nice solvent less dabs. This method takes some practice but if you have a hair straightening iron and some parchment paper you'll have dabs in minutes. I've found excellent results using ice hash and a 25 micron screen with this method.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I started making Dabs with a straightener; liked it and went for a small press. My concentrates are made up of about 6 strains that I had left over popcorn buds of...I press either a dab or 2, or maybe a gram of Conc at a time for later. Just checked my last batch that I have curing in a silicon jar...it has become much more stable over night.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try rosin. no alcohol needed. u just put weed in between wax paper and press it between a hair straightener at 200-300 degrees easy

• Like Like x 1
  5. No Wax paper IMHO! Just get a little Parchment Baking Paper at Walmart. Search for Rosin in GC forums and you will find plenty. wax will melt on Wax paper and ruin your Rosin.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Oh yeah my bad lol meant to say that

• Like Like x 1
  7. From a profit point of view..... I'm jw cause I've heard you get barly any dabs compared to the amount of weed you use.... I'm wondering if its worth more as dabs or weed....Or is it the same....

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

8. I read about the hair straightener method. It seemed too good/easy to be true. But I'll definitely try it now. Thanks everybody.

• Like Like x 1
  9. used to get between 10% and 15% on decent strains. Through a lot of trial and error, It went up considerably. With the new press and a good strain like GG#4, I get above 20% now. If you read a bit, results depend on strain, temps, time of the press. Just because a strain smokes well does not necessarily mean it will press well. With me, Unless it is Blueberry ir GG#4 that I smoke...like my sig says...a little dab 'll do ya! Thanks brylcream of yester-year! A small dab hourly keeps me medicated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. One thing that will definitely help is a silk screen. I've squished buds with and without the screen. The end product from the filter is way better. Like shatter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. U can use 91% rubbing alcohol instead of everclear. Google rick simpson oil. Its pretty easy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I 2nd the 91 iso. The hours I've spent in my bathroom holding my girls hair dryer to a Pyrex. I do frozen fresh with like a 30 second quick rinse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You can purchase grain alcohol online. Its the same as ever clear. Make sure its food safe

• Like Like x 1